• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

OMG I HATE THE BRONCOS. ESPECIALLY TEBOW. Fuck!!!! I hope he gets herpaaidsallisabs.

Also, goddamn NEWTON! ARGH!!! >:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OMG I HATE THE BRONCOS. ESPECIALLY TEBOW. Fuck!!!! I hope he gets herpaaidsallisabs.

Also, goddamn NEWTON! ARGH!!! >:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Right now, the only team I hate is the Bills. Watching them implode is painful. A team that won so well in the first few weeks has just fallen apart. If it hadn't happened to them before you could stomach it, but it happened in 2008 as well. Unbelievable how they have gone from contenders to completely inept in such a short space of time.

But, yes, I hate Tebow too.

Do the quaterbacks have radio comms with the coaches on the touchline?
I heard some do some don't...?
Is there a ruling on this?
I remember Mike Bailey had a trial earphone in with Magarry yelling instructions but the ref spotted it and Wolves got fined.

You often see the QB going towards the touchline for instructions then going back to huddle up.
If they do have radio in their helmets, is it just along the lines of, "Come over here for instruction" or a signal like 'beep' or can they recieve a full blown running set of instructions?

Baltimore got properly sorted on Sunday and I'm looking forward to the Bears going to Green Bay...
I record these games and watch them on Monday afternoon... Think Christmas is going to get in the way for the next couple of matches though....
I don't have Sky so I only get C4 and that awful twat Danny Kelly, who never knows when to shut his fat little trap.
Grossed me out watching him talking to Mike Carlsson whilst his fat fingers were unconsciously scratching his huge belly....

QBs have an earpiece in their helmets, as does one player on defence. However, the signal gets cut off when the play clock gets to (I think) 20 seconds. After that time there is no electronic communication allowed to players on the field.

Wow how smashed was I?? Don't remember this at all. It must have been after the Broncos pulled the Chicago win out of their rears.

Right now, the only team I hate is the Bills. Watching them implode is painful. A team that won so well in the first few weeks has just fallen apart. If it hadn't happened to them before you could stomach it, but it happened in 2008 as well. Unbelievable how they have gone from contenders to completely inept in such a short space of time.

But, yes, I hate Tebow too.

I haven't been watching the Bills-- what happened? I know they've gone down hill, but am unsure of the reason. Too bad, was hoping to see them do well. :(

Maybe a solid off-season will help. I know the Panthers are going to be scary next year. Smashed our record for most players on IR this year, almost all of them defensive *starters*. Won 5 of the last 6. With a full training camp, 6 months to heal, and what I assume will be a top defensive pick, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Do the quaterbacks have radio comms with the coaches on the touchline?
I heard some do some don't...?
Is there a ruling on this?
I remember Mike Bailey had a trial earphone in with Magarry yelling instructions but the ref spotted it and Wolves got fined.

You often see the QB going towards the touchline for instructions then going back to huddle up.
If they do have radio in their helmets, is it just along the lines of, "Come over here for instruction" or a signal like 'beep' or can they recieve a full blown running set of instructions?

What Toon said-- it's full communication but gets cut off. You'll usually see players run to the side lines if there's a communication problem like not being able to understand or not being able to hear over the crowd. Both defense and offense are allowed 1 player on the field at any given time with a mic'd helmet.

Loved that Simpson touchdown for the Bengals recently.

It was flippin' great.......

Loved that Simpson touchdown for the Bengals recently.

It was flippin' great.......

:facepalm:

:icon_Yellow-Card:

:icon_lol:

That really was a fantastic and ridiculous touchdown.

Hi guys, seeing as I don't have Sky sports, am I correct in thinking Channel 4's coverage with fat boy Kelly & Carlson has now come to an end?

If so, can anyone tell me who's got coverage of all the play off games?

I think BBC do the Superbowl, but whos covering the playoffs in the UK?

Last edited:
Can I assume guys that everyone who watches the NFL have it on Sky?
I've scoured the web, but I can't find a provider apart from Sky that's carrying the playoffs.

I know I can watch it on ESPN on my computer but I'm not going to watch it a 3am, so can anyone help?
Is anyone getting these games on anything other than Sky?

Thanks in advance, and in hope!

Not NFL, but College football tonight, important much awaited game betwen Alabama and LSU!

Right! I'm biting the bullet and getting Sky sports for a month or two. They've got a half price thing going on and I'm going for it.
Sky 1, 2, 3, 4 (Didn't know they had Sky 4!! What's on that one then?) + ESPN and ESPN(US).

€17 per month, so...
Those of you guys who watch American Football on Sky, how does the coverage compare with Channel 4?
Next match is I think Saturday coming up?

Not NFL, but College football tonight, important much awaited game betwen Alabama and LSU!

And what a game that turned out to be... :surrender:

ESPN and ESPN(US).

Does ESPN provide you guys the NFL games?

Next match is I think Saturday coming up?

Playoff format is 2 saturday and 2 sunday through the playoffs. One AFC/NFC game a day. In the semi's it's still split and one on sat/sun. Nice and spread out so we can enjoy them all!

3/4 games this weekend look freaking fantastic-- all but the hou/bal game. Baltimore "should" comfortably win that.

Does ESPN provide you guys the NFL games?

Apparently yes.

I'll let you know when the useless fuckers ring me back.
Last night they rang me, I told them that I'm almost certainly going to do it, could they ring me back in the morning? (This morning)
I'm still waiting....

They must be really keen to get the business!

Playoff format is 2 saturday and 2 sunday through the playoffs. One AFC/NFC game a day. In the semi's it's still split and one on sat/sun. Nice and spread out so we can enjoy them all!

3/4 games this weekend look freaking fantastic-- all but the hou/bal game. Baltimore "should" comfortably win that.

Not sure about the Houston/Baltimore game, that could be close if Houston can get Arian Foster running on the Ravens defense. Not easy, but that's their best shot. They have a bad QB situation so they don't want to be having to throw the ball a lot or it could get out of hand. The game that looks the most lopsided contest to me is the Patriots against the Denver Tebows; the Patriots look like they could win that easily, I can't see Tebow performing miracles again this week.

There's no doubt that the 2 NFC games look far better. I think the Packers/Giants game could be fantastic, I quite like both of those teams. Not sure the 49ers defense can stop Drew Brees quite enough, but that game could still be great. The potential Packers/Saints NFC Championship game is a mouthwatering prospect, a game that really should be the Superbowl, though I fancy one of them could get knocked off this weekend.

To answer your first question, I'm guessing that it's Sam Bradford of the St Loius Rams he's talking about, but I might have had a mental block about another QB who was drafted.

As to your 2nd question, the Bills current starting QB, Ryan 'The Amish Rifle' Fitzpatrick (see my avatar), just signed a new contract last week that puts him in what is referred to as the 2nd tier of QBs, ie not the very elite like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, but in the next group down, and he signed a 6 year deal for $59million, with I think $30m of that guaranteed. Peyton Manning signed a new deal that was worth I believe $18-20m a year.

Cam Newton was also a first round QB pick for the panthers, he's going to be a superstar, if he isn't already. That's my team by the way as some of my family live in Charlotte and I went to a game last time I was over there.

Really getting into NFL this year, been watching a lot of the Americas game documentaries on tv which helps build up interest. Stories behind the scenes, great teams and characters of times gone by.

Watched a documentary the other night about the rivalry between auburn and Alabama (college football) They make our rivalry with Albion seem like the teddy bears picnic. Absolute mutters some of them are.

That Saints 49ers game was fantastic. Last quarter was like a basketball game. Good to see Ravens go through and the Packers go home. Hope Ravens get to the Superbowl against 49ers purely for the entertainment they delivered against the Saints. Ravens to win.

I missed the Saints 49ers game, but watched the Ravens/Texans and Packers/Giants games both of which were really good. As for who I want to win the Superbowl? Anyone but the Patriots. I fucking hate that team. I want someone to cheapshot Brady and end the fuckers career. And I don't feel that way about anyone else in sport. I hate him.

I was surprised that the giants beat green bay. Hate the giants, so I wouldn't mind the 49ers winning it

Back