• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

I I want someone to cheapshot Brady and end the fuckers career. And I don't feel that way about anyone else in sport. I hate him.

Why?
That's not very nice seeing as you're a teacher type guy and sports oriented.

It was a shame that the Packers blew up. 8 dropped catches and fumbles galore. Talk about self destructing!
Giants look good but the 49's game was electric! The lead changed 4 times in the last 4 minutes!

Having said that, the Patriots are my 2nd favourite team, so... why don't you like them Toon?

Why?
That's not very nice seeing as you're a teacher type guy and sports oriented.

It was a shame that the Packers blew up. 8 dropped catches and fumbles galore. Talk about self destructing!
Giants look good but the 49's game was electric! The lead changed 4 times in the last 4 minutes!

Having said that, the Patriots are my 2nd favourite team, so... why don't you like them Toon?

Where to start? I'll begin by explaining my hatred of the Patriots. First, they cheated. They filmed other teams signal calling and got away with it. They only stopped because they were found out. Second, they are completely classless- they go out of their way to humiliate teams when it isn't necessary. When they are winning big in the 4th quarter they keep throwing and scoring points when the game is finished, which is generally regarded as against the spirit of the game. Thirdly, I'm a Bills fan and they beat the Bills 15 times in a row. Fourthly, their fans are arrogant, brash and totally fairweather. Fifthly, their coach Bill Belichick, whilst undoubtedly brilliant, is the most surly, miserable, graceless bastard you're ever likely to see interviewed. When his team got beaten by the Giants in the Superbowl a few years back he didn't even bother to stay and congratulate the other team as is tradition, he simply stomped down the tunnel like a spoilt brat.

As for Brady, he is brilliant no doubt about it. But he is a total whinger. He cries to the officials constantly (think of Arsenal and magnify it), he's had rules implemented in his favour (the 'tuck' rule, possibly the most ridiculous rule in all of sport was 'invented' by an official to overturn a Tom Brady fumble), he's the very definition of a Prima Donna, he gets the kind of protection from officials that borders on cheating, and like his coach is an arrogant piece of shit.

I support 2 teams in the NFL- the Buffalo Bills and whoever is playing the Patriots. They are the evil empire of sport.

Oh, right!

Well, out of my 3 favs, one of which failed to get through the 2nd half of the regular season, then the Packers blew up, so you know where I'll be come next Sunday.

By the way, what made you follow the Bills?

Having only been to the States once for 3 days (Taking 2 poor greyhounds to be rehomed as pets), my reasons for following the teams in America are very whimsical...

The Washington Redskins captured my imagination when I started watching it on Channel 4, when Joe Theismann teamed up with John Riggins who was coming to the end of his career and did great things, plus, I like all that stuff about Red Indians and how the Native Americans fucked them, so there was one team.

Another was because I like Bob Dylan i'd read up on him and many of his original songs were semi autobiographical so I got to find out a good bit about Hibbing, Duluth, Iron Ore mining and Minnesota in general, So the Vikings became a second.

We had some friends who lived in Boston. I'd just finished reading two works of fiction, both based around Boston, and I 'd seen many photographs of that whole coast and the forests inland, so New England became a third.

I came across a story based around the Great Lakes, saw a film based in Wisconsin, and because Green Bay was a small, I think publically owned franchise rather than being owned by a rich enterpreneur, I like underdogs and they were winning stuff, so they became my 4 teams more eagerly followed than the rest.

As Murphy said to me, 'hardly a glory hunter'.

In fairness to some NE fans, they sucked for a long time and have had great success in the past decade. There are certainly bandwagon fans, but there are also those who suffered through famine, much like Bills fans. ;)

Cam Newton was also a first round QB pick for the panthers, he's going to be a superstar, if he isn't already. That's my team by the way as some of my family live in Charlotte and I went to a game last time I was over there.

Well hello my fellow Carolina fan! ; )

That Saints 49ers game was fantastic. Last quarter was like a basketball game. Good to see Ravens go through and the Packers go home. Hope Ravens get to the Superbowl against 49ers purely for the entertainment they delivered against the Saints. Ravens to win.

The NO/SF game was SO GOOD!! The only good game of the weekend, really. The rest were pretty much blow outs, but that one... man. Awesome.

Looking forward to both games this weekend. I'm predicting a NYG/NE rematch in the SB. SF/BAL would be entertaining as well though... really, all 4 teams bring a lot to the table and would be great to see in their own respects.

Last edited:
Bit of a nutter that Brian Cushing!

"NFL Films had inside access to Texans linebacker Brian Cushing in Week 9's win over the Browns."

Great player, but yeah. You'll see that pretty often with guys on defense... I love the helmetless headbut. :D

I wanted the Bills to draft him a few years back. But there were a lot of reports about him 'juicing'.

So we get a super bowl rematch... I was hoping for Bal/SF, but this should still be a good game, with an interesting story line.

One of the reasons I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady- their unbelievable arrogance. This was before Superbowl 2007, the Giants v Patriots again. A Giants player had said he thought the Giants would win. This was Tom Brady's reaction. The first 10 seconds shows what an arrogant douchebag he is. And by the way Tom, you only scored 14 points...

I don't really see too much wrong with that clip-- they were scoring monsters all season and to predict they'd only score 17 was surprising to most, not just Brady.

Here we go with the superbowl then. I am not a fan of either side so hopefully it will just be a decent game

Cheering on the Patriots because the family I stayed with over Christmas were huge fans of them! Not that I will understand what's going on, I played a game of it on the street and was just totally lost, but I was pretty good at being the person who catches it when they throw it :p

SUUPPPERBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Bowl > Christmas

I hate both teams so I don't even know who to root for... I hate all Boston teams by default, but I also hate NY market teams by default... Just hoping for a good game and good commercials!

I thought that was an interesting first giants drive. the pats look weak down the flanks against the pass

I'm watching it, but I don't know why. It's bored me silly for the past four years.

Back