• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Great game so far. So close. Both QB's playing awesome.

BTW, the 7-layer dip we made is fucking fantastic and super spicy. Next up is wings, brats, sliders, and beer. Gah the super bowl is awesome.

quite the show from madam ciccone. still one of gods better designs at nearly fifty.

She's rank without the makeup when you see her up close. Horrible stringy old bint.

Is it just me that thinks this half-time crap is just pointless. It's just all bluster and dancing about while she mimes in to a microphone. Crap. Get a decent band on to rock the house.

She's rank without the makeup when you see her up close. Horrible stringy old bint.

Is it just me that thinks this half-time crap is just pointless. It's just all bluster and dancing about while she mimes in to a microphone. Crap. Get a decent band on to rock the house.

They've tried that, and it still sucks. Last year was Prince and he was pretty fantastic, but that's been the only really good show in awhile. Madonna's set actually wasn't that bad, especially with including LMFAO, Nikkli Minage, etc.

Patriots score again here and it's game over.

Wow that dropped catch could be huge.

That was never both feet down in bounds.

Edit - Nope, great call.

Guess everyone is asleep then!

Set up for a great finish. 1st down Giants on the 18 yard line with 2 mins on the clock.

Giants win 21-17.

You have to feel for Tom Brady. His receivers let him down big time in that 4th quarter. Particularly Wes Welker. He catches that and it's 99% game over.

Giants win 21-17.

You have to feel for Tom Brady. His receivers let him down big time in that 4th quarter. Particularly Wes Welker. He catches that and it's 99% game over.

Absolutely. Welker is Mr. Reliable too, amazing that he dropped it.

Good super bowl. :)

World Champions...

Yeah right.

Great game. I love recording it then settling down on the Monday watching the whole thing.
Had it on BBC because there's no fucking adverts trying to sell me a fucking Chrysler or panty liners or whatever they try to flog you at half a million a 30 second pop. And Mike Carlson is on it too. A bit irritating but he knows his stuff.

Brady's receivers let him down badly in the 4th Q otherwise that play would have motored down the pitch ending with a surprise running game at the end.

But that was some catch by that Giants receiver on the touch line wasn't it?

So that's it for the year.

Let's see where my 3 teams end up next year....
NE Pats
Green Bay
Vikings.

Soooo, the NFL Draft begins on Thursday, Free Agency has been and pretty much gone and teams are starting to report for Off-season workouts already.

Highlights of Free Agency:

Peyton Manning QB - Indianapolis to Denver
Mario Williams DE - Houston to Buffalo (woot woot!)
Mark Anderson DE - New England to Buffalo (woot woot again!)
Tim Tebow QB- Denver to New York Jets
Brandon Marshall WR - Miami to Chicago
Vincent Jackson WR - San Diego to Tampa Bay

2012 Draft:

The first 2 picks are pretty much locked down with Indianapolis almost certain to take QB Andrew Luck, widely regarded as the next Peyton Manning and Washington giving up a ton of picks to swap places with the Rams in order to take QB Robert Griffin III, widely regarded as Michael Vick but with brains and throwing ability. These are 2 future superstars in the NFL. After that the draft is pretty much up in the air with no real consensus about who will take whom.

I'm hoping that my Bills grab LB Luke Kuechly. Adding a superstar LB to a defense that boasts Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman (now healthy for the first time in 4 years apparently), Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, Mark Anderson and Nick Barnett will make the Bills defense one of the best in the NFL I reckon. They are building a team that is designed to make it tough for teams (especially the Patriots) to throw the ball against them, and they might just put out the best pass rushing defense outside of New York Giants.

How is everyone else's team doing in the off season? Anyone else going to be following the Draft on Thursday night and over the weekend?

teams are starting to report for Off-season workouts already.

Panthers are the ONLY team who had every player at voluntary workouts. Everyone's buying in and think they have something special this year. 2 of the past 3 seasons were abysmal, and the 3rd being so close to success almost every single game. Went from last place in almost every category to top 5 in all of them after drafting Newton. Our defense was terrible last year but there were also 14 players on IR, most of whom were starters-- one of which is the 2nd best LB in the league. Major loss. Even with no new blood, will be far, far improved next year.

I'm giddy as a school girl.

Peyton Manning QB - Indianapolis to Denver

GF is from Colorado and is ecstatic. Peyton is a class-act and I really hope that he recovers.

Mario Williams DE - Houston to Buffalo (woot woot!)

I was really, really, really hoping the cats would pick him up. :icon_evil:

Tim Tebow QB- Denver to New York Jets

LOL, Tebow.

Brandon Marshall WR - Miami to Chicago

Back with his boy from Denver! He'll be relevant again. Chicago finally gets a semblance of a passing game.

Vincent Jackson WR - San Diego to Tampa Bay

He won't do anything.

Washington giving up a ton of picks to swap places with the Rams in order to take QB Robert Griffin III, widely regarded as Michael Vick but with brains and throwing ability.

Gave up waaaaaaaaaay too much for Griffin, unless he turns out to be AMAZING. I live in Redskins territory (I'm actually about 2 miles from the training facility) and I almost hope he fails miserably. Redskins management has been horrible for years and the fanbase are such delusional dickheads I can't stand it.

How is everyone else's team doing in the off season? Anyone else going to be following the Draft on Thursday night and over the weekend?

As mentioned, Panthers are the only team where every player is there early... Ready to start the new era of Cam! I'm hoping we get a pass rusher on the end in the draft. Everyone predicts somewhere on the Dline will be drafted in the first, really we could use an upgrade at any spot on the line. Peppers is not easily replaceable. I'm still mad at that asshole for wanting to leave. "Durr I can't play well in this system despite being the most disruptive player in the league for the past decade, hurr durr!11/!"

Kinda disappointed the team's been so quiet during free agency, but we picked up a fantastic full-back who should help the three-headed monster of Williams/Stewart/Newton run even more hog-wild than they did last year. Lost a WR who was really starting to blend in the squad, and Smith (my favorite player) is turning... 34? this year... No replacement on the horizon, so hopefully that gets addressed in the next year or two. They've been trying to draft a new WR for years and keep failing... hopefully the new staff have better luck scouting.

Last edited:
Panthers are the ONLY team who had every player at voluntary workouts. Everyone's buying in and think they have something special this year. 2 of the past 3 seasons were abysmal, and the 3rd being so close to success almost every single game. Went from last place in almost every category to top 5 in all of them after drafting Newton. Our defense was terrible last year but there were also 14 players on IR, most of whom were starters-- one of which is the 2nd best LB in the league. Major loss. Even with no new blood, will be far, far improved next year.

I'm giddy as a school girl.

GF is from Colorado and is ecstatic. Peyton is a class-act and I really hope that he recovers.

I was really, really, really hoping the cats would pick him up. :icon_evil:

LOL, Tebow.

Back with his boy from Denver! He'll be relevant again. Chicago finally gets a semblance of a passing game.

He won't do anything.

Gave up waaaaaaaaaay too much for Griffin, unless he turns out to be AMAZING. I live in Redskins territory (I'm actually about 2 miles from the training facility) and I almost hope he fails miserably. Redskins management has been horrible for years and the fanbase are such delusional dickheads I can't stand it.

As mentioned, Panthers are the only team where every player is there early... Ready to start the new era of Cam! I'm hoping we get a pass rusher on the end in the draft. Everyone predicts somewhere on the Dline will be drafted in the first, really we could use an upgrade at any spot on the line. Peppers is not easily replaceable. I'm still mad at that asshole for wanting to leave. "Durr I can't play well in this system despite being the most disruptive player in the league for the past decade, hurr durr!11/!"

Kinda disappointed the team's been so quiet during free agency, but we picked up a fantastic full-back who should help the three-headed monster of Williams/Stewart/Newton run even more hog-wild than they did last year. Lost a WR who was really starting to blend in the squad, and Smith (my favorite player) is turning... 34? this year... No replacement on the horizon, so hopefully that gets addressed in the next year or two. They've been trying to draft a new WR for years and keep failing... hopefully the new staff have better luck scouting.

The Bills had 2 absentees: one who has just had a new baby and one who is on his honeymoon. Everyone else is there.

I think RGIII will be amazing. He could well turn out to be the best QB drafted in the last 10 years. Insanely athletic, very intelligent and can throw a cannonball. The Redskins gave up a heck of a lot, but it may yet prove worthwhile.

I have a feeling that the Panthers will draft D lineman Fletcher Cox or WR Michael Floyd. Both of those are good players and both would instantly help out the Panthers. But this draft is anyone's guess because after the top 2 players the talent available seems to be very similar with no-one separating themselves from the crowd. I have seen predictions that have the Bills taking 6 or 7 different players! The good news for the Panthers in terms of replacing Steve Smith is that this year there are a LOT of very decent WRs and teams will pick up starting calibre players at that position all the way into rounds 3-5 of the draft.

And I predict that both the Panthers and the Bills are Wild Card teams this year. Panthers might even go one better and win their division. Bills are a year away from being able to take the division from the Patriots, but it is coming.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised to hear about the Bills-- another team where the players should be buying in and ready to take the league by storm, especially after that start last year.

Re: RG3, we'll see! If be comes even close to what Cam did last year he'll have done well. ; )

Definitely think the cats will take a d-line player in the first. Desperately needed.

I can see both teams being wild cards for sure! You've got the Pats to deal with (no small matter), and the NFC South is always tough... Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa, Carolina... Tampa underperformed last year but is a young team capable of doing well; Atl/NO are yearly contenders at this point.

I'm not surprised to hear about the Bills-- another team where the players should be buying in and ready to take the league by storm, especially after that start last year.

Re: RG3, we'll see! If be comes even close to what Cam did last year he'll have done well. ; )

Definitely think the cats will take a d-line player in the first. Desperately needed.

I can see both teams being wild cards for sure! You've got the Pats to deal with (no small matter), and the NFC South is always tough... Atlanta, New Orleans, Tampa, Carolina... Tampa underperformed last year but is a young team capable of doing well; Atl/NO are yearly contenders at this point.

Who knows what will happen with the Saints this year after 'Bounty-Gate'! Having lost their defensive co-ordinator for good and Sean Payton for the season they could well go into meltdown. Atlanta will be good, but you could easily have a 3 horse race in that division.

As for the Bills having the Cheatriots to overcome? Well, we have seen how rattled Brady gets when the defense get put him under pressure, the Giants have written the book on how to beat Belichick and Brady. The Bills are in the process of building a d-line that resembles the Giants of the AFC. They have clearly seen that blueprint and with getting the 2 best pass rushing players available in free agency in Super Mario and Mark Anderson, added to Dareus, Merriman and the hugely under-rated Kyle Williams, they will almost certainly be able to get pressure on the QB from their front 4 and leave 7 men in coverage. That messes with Brady's head. Beat New England and you win the AFC East. We may not have quite enough this year, but Brady is getting older, he isn't going to stay great forever...

Back