• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Had a great couple of days in London, finishing off with a Bears win.

Jags helped us with two dropped TD's but one of them was also down to some great coverage.

Great to see the Bears win in the UK again, only seen 1 defeat in 4 games back to the 1986 "American Bowl" game vs the Cowboys

Got tickets for Buccaneers at Chiefs in a couple of weeks! Will be my second ever game in person in the US - looking forward to it. Been promised the full tailgate experience whatever the heck that means.

As part of our US trip in a couple of weeks, we have tickets to see the Bills at the Colts. God knows what to expect, the Bills are the definition of inconsistent. Tonight's game at the Jets may be more of an indication as to whether the team that stomped the Jags or the team that got stomped by the Ravens is the one to expect. As per usual, injuries have been a significant issue, if we can get some people back healthy it would help.

Me and Mrs D are planning our holiday for next year to the US for September. This will include Chicago and hopefully a game at Soldier Field. Will be my first visit to the windy city

Me and Mrs D are planning our holiday for next year to the US for September. This will include Chicago and hopefully a game at Soldier Field. Will be my first visit to the windy city
Chicago is great - our office is there. Make sure you stay in the loop if you can. Should still be warm in September too. Bears looked quality yesterday..

Got tickets for Buccaneers at Chiefs in a couple of weeks! Will be my second ever game in person in the US - looking forward to it. Been promised the full tailgate experience whatever the heck that means.
That sounds amazing. I think Arrowhead has the record stadium noise anywhere in the world (def in NFL), so the atmosphere should be great, but avoid doing the obviously racist chop, on the tele it comes across impressively, but in 2024....please. Good chance you'll see Tay Tay too 😅.

Be interested to see what you make of tailgating. KC has what's widely seen as the best BBQ anywhere in the US so I'd imagine the food will be unbelievable (assuming you aren't a vege?). The experience isn't for me, very different culturally, give me a pub with sport on the tv rather than a car park with cornhole anyday. The day before the election, I'd suggest not being too anti Trump in that part of the world, don't want to upset the cult.

That sounds amazing. I think Arrowhead has the record stadium noise anywhere in the world (def in NFL), so the atmosphere should be great, but avoid doing the obviously racist chop, on the tele it comes across impressively, but in 2024....please. Good chance you'll see Tay Tay too 😅.

Be interested to see what you make of tailgating. KC has what's widely seen as the best BBQ anywhere in the US so I'd imagine the food will be unbelievable (assuming you aren't a vege?). The experience isn't for me, very different culturally, give me a pub with sport on the tv rather than a car park with cornhole anyday. The day before the election, I'd suggest not being too anti Trump in that part of the world, don't want to upset the cult.
Good read.

I had the pleasure of receiving classic excellent US hospitality for a month many, many moons ago in Oregon and Washington State. At Homecoming weekend I was honoured to be at the local school game on the Friday night, the OSU college game vs USC (Trojans) on the Saturday to then be on the supporters train the next Sunday for Seattle Seahawks vs Buffalo Bills in the King Dome. It dates me but, hey, to see a classic whole upfield charge by 'Machine Gun' Kelly live was a delight to behold.

So, my loyalty has to be with the Seahawks, and apparently they also lay or laid claim to be the noisiest fans a few years ago in their amazing new stadium. Considering they knocked down the King Dome less than a year after the UK's first dome, the Millennium (Principality Stadium), was opened speaks volumes about how far ahead US stadiums are.

I've already been warned that politics will totally be off the discussion agenda. If I'm honest I wanted to travel any other week than this - but the opportunity for the chiefs game was too good to miss. My boss lives in KC so should be a good guide - he always wangs on about their BBQ so hopefully should be a good experience.

Yep, Just checked. Arrowhead has recorded the loudest crowd noise in the world with 142.2 decibels beating Seattle at 137.6 and one of Trump's farts - whoops!

We are in Buffalo the day of the election, but we are staying with friends who moved there from the UK 30 years ago, so they aren't Trump cultists! We arrive in New York on Halloween, Gill is running the marathon on Sunday 3rd, we then go to Buffalo for 5 days before travelling to Indianapolis for the game, heading back to the UK from there on Monday 11th. Hopefully we'll recover quickly as we have one of our biggest Christmas events for our business starting in York on Thursday, the 14th. Hectic couple of weeks!

We are in Buffalo the day of the election, but we are staying with friends who moved there from the UK 30 years ago, so they aren't Trump cultists! We arrive in New York on Halloween, Gill is running the marathon on Sunday 3rd, we then go to Buffalo for 5 days before travelling to Indianapolis for the game, heading back to the UK from there on Monday 11th. Hopefully we'll recover quickly as we have one of our biggest Christmas events for our business starting in York on Thursday, the 14th. Hectic couple of weeks!
To complete TWF invasion, I'm in Philly with my son at the same time. 76ers on Saturday, Eagles on Sunday, fly home tea time on election day. I was hoping the Philles would make the World Series as if it went to a 7th game that would have coincided, but they blew it.

I'm going to be on my best behaviour, pretty sure my boss is a republican....

Chicago is great - our office is there. Make sure you stay in the loop if you can. Should still be warm in September too. Bears looked quality yesterday..
I'll be relying in a fair bit of knowledge from anyone who can help us!

Year, the Bears have picked up the last few weeks. The D is solid and Caleb is beginning to click with his receivers.

@BillyDee , I hope you're right! 🐻 ⬇️

In KC it should mean some of the best BBQ you can get, along with a ton of shitty beer. Swings and roundabouts.

Back