• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

I don't know if I'd agree that they're a run-first offense, really. A very fancy version of the old West Coast style, for sure.

An example: how often have you seen any variant of the I Formation this season?

Teams do still like up in the I, even just to well the playaction. I'm under no illusions that the era of ball control offense is no longer here but to say teams who are run-first can't win isn't accurate to me.

The main issue is the teams that are good rushing, Browns and Colts for example have pretty poor QBs and therefore have to rely solely on the run.

Teams do still like up in the I, even just to well the playaction. I'm under no illusions that the era of ball control offense is no longer here but to say teams who are run-first can't win isn't accurate to me.

The main issue is the teams that are good rushing, Browns and Colts for example have pretty poor QBs and therefore have to rely solely on the run.
Oh, we've had a miscommunication.

I personally think run-first is still viable. But coaches currently don't seem to. Like how everyone and their mom wanted to emulate Barcelona in the mid-2010s.

Once some coach takes a risk in the run game that pays off in a big way, others will try to emulate that. It's a bit of a fashion thing.

Oh, we've had a miscommunication.

I personally think run-first is still viable. But coaches currently don't seem to. Like how everyone and their mom wanted to emulate Barcelona in the mid-2010s.

Once some coach takes a risk in the run game that pays off in a big way, others will try to emulate that. It's a bit of a fashion thing.

Gotcha. We are in agreement.

It's part of why I generally like the college game over the NFL. You get a lot more weirdness. I saw Pennsylvania State score a TD out of the Wing T formation this month! I don't think the Wing T has been used in the NFL since before the merger! 😂

This is fucking embarrassing for the Bills. Can someone please take Leslie Frasier as a head coach?

This is fucking embarrassing for the Bills. Can someone please take Leslie Frasier as a head coach?
Lots of football left. Allen and Co. won't go quietly, I expect.

Lots of football left. Allen and Co. won't go quietly, I expect.
Trouble is there isn't much 'co' on this Bills team. They ride or die on how Allen does, his surrounding cast is the weakest of all the AFC playoff teams.

Big call in the Bills favour there

Trouble is there isn't much 'co' on this Bills team. They ride or die on how Allen does, his surrounding cast is the weakest of all the AFC playoff teams.

I think some of that is on the OC. Cook has been productive, Diggs is one of the best WRs in the NFL and I quite rate Davis. Knox is also a higher quality tight end. It's not that they are talentless but they seem to just stick Allen out there and say 'go and win it'

Yeah to say Allen has a weak supporting cast doesn't ring true for me.

Allen carries his team more any other QB in the playoffs. 4 1st or 2nd round draft picks on the d-line and they are ghosts. Busts. A secondary that couldn't cover their legs with a pair of pantaloons. Co-ordinators who are simply not up to the job. And an o-line that has more turnstiles than Wembley Stadium. Diggs and Milano are the only elite talents other than Allen on that team.

Who are the "elite" players for Cincy, then?

Back