• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Eagles eviscerating the Giants so far. Been painful to watch.

10 starters and a number of the better rotational players are out of contract at the end of the season and the QB will need paying, even if the contract is back end loaded cap wise.

Next year they are playing the NFC East twice, the AFC East and the NFC West plus a 1st place schedule against Kansas City and Minnesota. It's been a great season, but not getting it done would be a missed opportunity which is unlikely to come around again quickly.

Playoff football is a different beast innit
Well, the Eagles also annihilated the Giants in the regular season in one of their games, so actually a similar beast I'd say...

The second was a none event. Eagles with a vanilla game plan against Giants back ups in week 18. They won't be able to bully the 49ers in the trenches like they did this morning. Would prefer Dallas even if it brings the rivalry angle.

The second was a none event. Eagles with a vanilla game plan against Giants back ups in week 18. They won't be able to bully the 49ers in the trenches like they did this morning. Would prefer Dallas even if it brings the rivalry angle.

They won't but I also think they'll hold up enough in pass pro to give Hurts and thee receivers time for big plays to develop. I picked the giants as I thought Hurts and CJGJ would both be limited coming back from injury but I think only the Chiefs can stop the eagles this year fully fit.

They won't but I also think they'll hold up enough in pass pro to give Hurts and thee receivers time for big plays to develop. I picked the giants as I thought Hurts and CJGJ would both be limited coming back from injury but I think only the Chiefs can stop the eagles this year fully fit.
If they were to get there the Chiefs would definitely be the team that would scare me most. The way to beat Philly is dinking and dunking on 12 play drives. I don't think Allen has the patience to do that without giving chances and although Burrow can you'd back the pass rush to get home enough against their current oline. Not saying the Eagles would beat either of them just that a fit Mahomes and the lesser Kelce are the worst match up schematically

If they were to get there the Chiefs would definitely be the team that would scare me most. The way to beat Philly is dinking and dunking on 12 play drives. I don't think Allen has the patience to do that without giving chances and although Burrow can you'd back the pass rush to get home enough against their current oline. Not saying the Eagles would beat either of them just that a fit Mahomes and the lesser Kelce are the worst match up schematically

My thoughts exactly. Although, I'd also favour Philly in that match up, the interior pass rush will get to Mahomes regularly enough to be a big factor.

Nice to hear Damar Hamlin has been in the locker room, amazing stuff. Hope the Bills can go all the way and get him a ring.

Think we're in for some great QB play from both sides tbf.

The snow!!!!!!!!!

Now this is motherfuckin' football.

Think we're in for some great QB play from both sides tbf.

The snow!!!!!!!!!

Now this is motherfuckin' football.

Find it weird that the Bills don't even try and develop a consistent ground attack considering the weather they get.

Find it weird that the Bills don't even try and develop a consistent ground attack considering the weather they get.
Like I said yesterday, the game has changed.

The zeitgeist at the moment says you can't win with a run-first offense. Eventually a team will figure out something novel and tactics will swing back the other way.

At least, that's the traditional cycle.

Like I said yesterday, the game has changed.

The zeitgeist at the moment says you can't win with a run-first offense. Eventually a team will figure out something novel and tactics will swing back the other way.

At least, that's the traditional cycle.

49ers manage well enough.

49ers manage well enough.
I don't know if I'd agree that they're a run-first offense, really. A very fancy version of the old West Coast style, for sure.

An example: how often have you seen any variant of the I Formation this season?

Back