• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Titans have sacked their GM despite an inevitable Division win 2 days after the player he traded took his team apart. Difficult to see that as a coincidence

Titans have sacked their GM despite an inevitable Division win 2 days after the player he traded took his team apart. Difficult to see that as a coincidence
It was a totally dumbass trade. And the player they drafted to replace him looks average at best.

Tbf before he got cleaned out on Sunday Burks scored a very good TD, but you don't trade away that calibre of player before paying him his second contract unless he's a piece of work or you are stupid. It's clear where the owner has come down on that. Eagles defense could overload the box against the run because they didn't respect the passing game, put AJ on the other side and it is probably a different game

Bit early to judge Burks so far as he's missed 4 weeks with injury, made a great catch on Sunday (for a TD) but got nailed in the process and is likely out again.

That makes sense. He might do alright under McVay.
With their drafting situation there's no incentive to fold, other than shutting the likes of Stafford and Goff down on health grounds so a no lose situation really. The price of that SB win is starting to cost

With their drafting situation there's no incentive to fold, other than shutting the likes of Stafford and Goff down on health grounds so a no lose situation really. The price of that SB win is starting to cost
Something for you Eagles fans to look forward to next season 😉

Bit early to judge Burks so far as he's missed 4 weeks with injury, made a great catch on Sunday (for a TD) but got nailed in the process and is likely out again.

I thought he was the best receiver in the draft.

Something for you Eagles fans to look forward to next season 😉
Not...biting 😃. In all seriousness the way Roseman has managed the picks is sublime. As it stands have Number 5 from the Saints. Hurts will get paid, which as always will compromise the team with so many contributing free agents, but the house is secure. Not being a week in week out fan I do wonder about the power of winning a SB, of course it's fantastic in the moment, but there's not been a team who have mortgaged like the Rams have, in Year 3 and thereafter down the line I think it'll be a distant memory, particularly when there stadium already gets taken over against some of the historically larger franchises

Not...biting 😃. In all seriousness the way Roseman has managed the picks is sublime. As it stands have Number 5 from the Saints. Hurts will get paid, which as always will compromise the team with so many contributing free agents, but the house is secure. Not being a week in week out fan I do wonder about the power of winning a SB, of course it's fantastic in the moment, but there's not been a team who have mortgaged like the Rams have, in Year 3 and thereafter down the line I think it'll be a distant memory, particularly when there stadium already gets taken over against some of the historically larger franchises

Can't wait to have Gravedigger back disrupting things for the black and gold. In hindsight, keeping Tuitt and letting him go didn't work out.

Rob Gronkowski has joined the Fox NFL Pregame Show crew (not sure if it's a one-off or permanent), and man is he a joy. Plays the man-child so well. Immensely likable guy, IMO.

For those unfamiliar, former players/coaches on the show are Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Michael Strahan, and Jimmy Johnson. Good crew and have been doing it together for ages (obviously Strahan is a more recent addition).

Our punter is fucking useless. 17 yarder, seen Ben punt further than that.

Our punter is fucking useless. 17 yarder, seen Ben punt further than that.
Remind me which franchise you have selected to cause pain and suffering for you each autumn Sunday?

Remind me which franchise you have selected to cause pain and suffering for you each autumn Sunday?

The Steelers. A mixture of my first experience of the game seeing Jerome Bettis run for about 15 yards with two poor cornerbacks hanging off him like a runaway train and the match with wolves colours did it for me.

Prime Bettis was something. I can definitely see how that would endear you.

Back