• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Best catch I’ve seen I think, not just the grab but keeping control falling backwards with one hand and taking it from the defender as well

Best catch I’ve seen I think, not just the grab but keeping control falling backwards with one hand and taking it from the defender as well

I think so. All round anyway, OBJ's was best for pure athleticism but I think Jeffersons was the best catch I've ever seen.

Is that not the equivalent of the Championship's best ever goal?

That defeat has been coming, awful on both sides of the ball, really shoddy turnovers some on the players, Quez Watkins wtf, some on the officials and they cannot stop the run even against a poor running side. There's a few more losses to come as 7 of the last 8 games are against sides with elite running backs. Not going to score 28 points every game.

Washington deserved their win

I’m staggered. NFC East looks pretty strong. We are 0.500 and still bottom. Makes a change as I am used to it being the weak division recently.

If McLaurin played for a team with just an average QB, something he's never done he'd be spoken about in the top echelon of WRs. Had the better of Slay all first half and that happens rarely.

Last edited:
If McLaurin played for a team with just an average QB, something he's never done he'd be spoken about in the top echelon of WRs. Had the better of Slay all first half and that happens rarely.

Love me some Scary Terry. Really wanted the Steelers to take him but we took Diontae Johnson.

McLaurin looks to be a real leader in the locker/dressing room, too. Picked up the postgame speech last night after Riverboat Ron got too emotional.

Could be an interesting game in Buffalo this Sunday with lots of snow and high winds.

Screenshot_2022-11-16-21-25-40-850-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

You simply aren’t playing in six feet of snow. There was that much snow for the ice bowl. It was deep freeze and wind chill taking it to about 40 below.

Great line in the commentary to that game about “just pausing to take a bite out of my coffee”

Maybe they'll be able to clear it in time.

ACE80332-73C7-4E95-B120-6F1AB64E4638.jpeg

Just did a mad calculation which is certainly open to correction..
Now I know I'm only looking at a couple of players here, and I know, I know they do an awful lot of other stuff during the week whilst representing the club, but you know in our football out of a 'ninety minute' game there's only about 65-70 minutes of actual football, (in the crowd, dead ball etc etc) but I saw a stat that in a NFL game on average, whilst the game is played over 4 x 15 minutes quarters, there's only about 11 minutes of actual football in a 60 minute game.
So if Aaron Rodgers or whoever there are (I think 2 or 3 others in spitting distance of that $50 million salary), is on 50 mill, and he plays an actual 11 minute game (gets calculator out...)
20 games x 11 minutes = 220 mins / 3.666 hrs. per season.
$50 mill / 3.666 hrs = $13.64million per hour... or $227,000 per minute.
Not bad really, but yes that's only getting to the Superbowl, but even so.

I remember back after Eli Manning signed some enormous contract for the Giants that somebody worked out that he was making over $1million just for lifting the ball from his hip to his shoulder.

Back