• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Green Bay 21 - 13 up at the Bears so my former work colleague is happy.

Can someone American explain to me why the away team is always pronounced as the 1st team? (i.e Steelers @ Bears) It just seems a tad strange to me.

Just an American preference, in the same way as an Australian cricket score is the other way round (wickets first, runs second)

Just an American preference, in the same way as an Australian cricket score is the other way round (wickets first, runs second)

strange that. Cheers for clearing it up. Do you follow a team Paddy?

Sweet, I'm a glory hunter apparently. I quite like the New England Patriots but am a fan of the Steelers.

Another TD for the Skins 38-21 up with less than 5 minutes remaining. Excellent.

Steelers v Cowboys. A huge game for both sides but I see the Cowboys edging it out by 2 touchdowns.

I want the Cowboys to get dicked. Preferably to score a minus score. As a Redskins fan, this should come as no surprise.

My crappy team has really been playing well these past few weeks. My fantasy team too, I'm riding a 7 game win streak after a mediocre start and am in the final this week. Knocked out the highest scoring player last week, boom.

and my team is capitulating, as usual! Bloody Bears

My season ended at the start when Peyton (Sean not Manning) was banned for the season. Redskins look to have two dream QB's and a problem for Lucifer next season when Cousins is a better passer than RGIII. I fancy the S'Hawks to do some damage in the play off's but Darlo, your Bears are doomed. Cutler is just not, well, cutting it.

Who's your team T3ch?

As a side note, how good is Andrew Luck going to be when he has a better RB and offensive line?!

Seahawks would have to go the Redskins if the season finished today. I fancy the Redskins to win their remaining two matches (@Philadelphia and home to the Cowboys), but that would still leave them just shy of overtaking Green Bay for third seed status by my calculations. Seahawks v Redskins would be quite the match-up, with the winner likely to take on the Falcons as I can't see the Vikings beating Green Bay. So my NFC Divisional games predictions are

Redskins @ Falcons
Packers @ 49ers

AFC will probably be

Patriots @ Broncos
Ravens @ Texans

Has anyone ever bought tickets for any of the Wembley games? Me and a couple of mates are thinking of going to Jaguars v 49ers next year.

I know you have to register online your interest for tickets but any other tips?

I saw the Saints play the Chargers a few years ago. Really good game and well worth going. I got the coach down, gets there in plenty of time for you to go to the local pubs surrounding Wembley.

Skins have a good chance to go all the way. I stll think there is one surprise and I thought the Pats would be stick on's for the Superbowl but I'm not so sure now. I think Peyton Manning may crown his comeboack of the year and go on and win the whole thing.

Never liked the 49ers and think Harbough is a complete tosser so hope the Pack out pass his team. I think the Colts will surprise and beat the Texans at some point.

Colts v Ravens (which would be the game as it stands) is an absolute toss-up. Went with the Ravens solely on home-field advantage. Of course, that can still change over the next fortnight.

Same in the NFC - Dallas and New York can crash the party if Washington fuck up. Equally they could win 1 and lose 1 of their remaining games and sneak above the Vikings should they have a poor finish.

Bears might still make it. Much nicer last two games than the Vikings (who have the Texans away and then host Green Bay - eek)

Has anyone ever bought tickets for any of the Wembley games? Me and a couple of mates are thinking of going to Jaguars v 49ers next year.

I know you have to register online your interest for tickets but any other tips?

My brother has got our tickets for BOTH matches and booked the hotels... Went this year and had a great time
Will ask my brother and pm you. I think you just register with Wembley but will check

Back