• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Just texted my mate - he's got the first 2 on DVD, and all 4 on VHS. So I'll borrow the first two and see how I get on with it.

The next Doctor will be announced on SUNDAY.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/The-Next-Doctor-will-be-revealed-on-Sunday-04-August

Sorry, but that format sounds absolutely terrible - a live studio audience with guests etc before the new Doctor is brought on stage?! Fuck off - since when did it become Big Brothers Little Brother?

I'm looking forward to the 50th anniversary stuff but this is NOT what the show should be about. I thought it was getting a bit much the way they announced Matt Smith but at least they didn't wheel the poor fucker out in front of a live studio audience.

Now for the love of god, don't cast a female Doctor.

Have you ever seen a throng of geeks get angry?

No, me neither. So I've no idea.

Dr Who canon has already set up the idea of a female Doctor with it already being recognised that time lords can change gender during regeneration. It would be more realistic (within the framework of this being a fantasy) if at some point in the life cycle of this doctor that there is a female regeneration.

However, I reckon it is more likely that the next incarnation of the Master will be female and that it will be someone who has already had a role in the show....

There are plenty of examples of TV shows messing around with the gender of main characters, particularly in the re-imagined series of recent years, but rarely with the main character.

Surely The Master is dead for the final time now?

Perhaps we'll see another Timelord running around. Oh a half-Timelord like River or Jenny.

Surely The Master is dead for the final time now?

Perhaps we'll see another Timelord running around. Oh a half-Timelord like River or Jenny.

When the Doctor burnt the Master's body a female picked up a ring from the floor - I reckon the Master is somehow inside this ring...like The Chameleon Arch that stored the real Doctor in Family of Blood.

Previously, Yana was not aware of his true identity....

When the Doctor burnt the Master's body a female picked up a ring from the floor - I reckon the Master is somehow inside this ring.......

...And he came back a la Voldemort, because the female in question was Saxon's wife.

I know they've written the changing of sex into the canon but I think if they do that, they spoil the ethos of the show. Personally, I'd prefer it if they made the Dr female for one episode, rather than a whole incarnation.

The modern version of the show is essentially the same as it ever was, albeit slightly sexed up with the Doctor's relationships with her assistants, but I just think this would be one step too far. I think it's a good thing that the female leads are so much stronger (Rose and Donna were fantastic characters, Amy and Martha less so, Clara still to convince me) but I think that's where the line has to be drawn.

I reckon the new Doctor will be a complete unknown, not dissimilar to Matt Smith. But they need to ensure his (or her!) character is different enough.

As for The Master - he'll be back. He always comes back. He's great.

I reckon the new Doctor will be a complete unknown, not dissimilar to Matt Smith. But they need to ensure his (or her!) character is different enough.

would an unknown work with the format they are using to announce though?

A few seconds pause whilst the Audience try to think if they know him/her/it before they appluad could make a shit TV choice be shitter. Doing it live would indicate a "name" getting the gig

would an unknown work with the format they are using to announce though?

A few seconds pause whilst the Audience try to think if they know him/her/it before they appluad could make a shit TV choice be shitter. Doing it live would indicate a "name" getting the gig

That's a very good point. I've absolutely no idea who I'd want TBH, I'd be tempted to say an older actor for a change - I know Peter Capaldi has been tipped to do it which would be interesting. I might just jump on the Bill Nighy bandwagon as I did a few years ago.

Was looking at a list with my lad earlier and saw the git from the BT adverts in there!
_69078995_danielrigby_pa.jpg

Andrew Scott wouldn't be a bad one and has links with Moffatt as he plays Moriarty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23537948

Was looking at a list with my lad earlier and saw the git from the BT adverts in there!
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/69078000/jpg/_69078995_danielrigby_pa.jpg

Andrew Scott wouldn't be a bad one and has links with Moffatt as he plays Moriarty

The guy from the BT ads would be as popular a move as Dean Saunders returning to Wolves. Good call on Andrew Scott - I think he's awesome in Sherlock.

Capaldi appears to be the favourite on odds checker.

Clicky

Didn't know he was that highly tipped!

The guy from the BT ads would be as popular a move as Dean Saunders returning to Wolves. Good call on Andrew Scott - I think he's awesome in Sherlock.

Did you not see him (Daniel Rigby) in the BBC drama about Morecombe and Wise - he was stunning. BT adverts aside (where he is acting as an annoying geek and obviously does it quite well) I think he would be a good call. Not too well known but has built up a decent pedigree, including Black Mirror, also exceptional.

Did you not see him (Daniel Rigby) in the BBC drama about Morecombe and Wise - he was stunning. BT adverts aside (where he is acting as an annoying geek and obviously does it quite well) I think he would be a good call. Not too well known but has built up a decent pedigree, including Black Mirror, also exceptional.

That was him?!?! The guy playing Eric Morecambe??

Back