• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Bloody hate it when they reuse cast like that! He's obviously already been in it, how the hell would the Doctor regenerate in to someone who's already been in it? Poor. Got history of doing that too, Freema Agyeman was in it before she was cast too, battle of Canary Wharf, she got turned into a Cyberman, so was Karen Gillan, she was also in the same episode as Peter Capaldi as one of the soothsayers.

Well, I don't know anything about him but to be honest he LOOKS like he could do a job as The Doctor... :)

Bloody hate it when they reuse cast like that! He's obviously already been in it, how the hell would the Doctor regenerate in to someone who's already been in it? Poor. Got history of doing that too, Freema Agyeman was in it before she was cast too, battle of Canary Wharf, she got turned into a Cyberman, so was Karen Gillan, she was also in the same episode as Peter Capaldi as one of the soothsayers.

They are actors. They play characters. It isn't real life, you are required to suspend belief.

They are actors. They play characters. It isn't real life, you are required to suspend belief.

Yes I know that thanks. I'm just saying I don't like it when people reuse the cast, I know it's not real, just kind of spoils it seeing people you've already seen in it before.

Colin Baker appeared as Commander Maxil in Arc of Infinity less than a year before being cast as the Doctor so it's happened before.

Good choice as he'll be drastically different to Matt Smith.

Yes I know that thanks. I'm just saying I don't like it when people reuse the cast, I know it's not real, just kind of spoils it seeing people you've already seen in it before.

How does it spoil it unless you are an obsessive pedant?

How does it spoil it unless you are an obsessive pedant?

Thanks for the insult.

It spoils it in the way that they've used people who've been in it before, maybe it's just me, maybe it's not, why do you act like I'm in the wrong about it? It's my opinion, I don't like to see people who've been in something, cast in it again as other people, that guys for every show, not just Doctor Who.

Thanks for the insult.

It spoils it in the way that they've used people who've been in it before, maybe it's just me, maybe it's not, why do you act like I'm in the wrong about it? It's my opinion, I don't like to see people who've been in something, cast in it again as other people, that guys for every show, not just Doctor Who.

You're a bit sensitive.

Fwiw, I can understand why they do it, they've worked with them before, they know what they're capable of etc.. I just don't like that they do it.

You come onto a thread titled the Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread and criticise the choice of the new Doctor. To me that smacks of self-flagellation.

You come onto a thread titled the Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread and criticise the choice of the new Doctor. To me that smacks of self-flagellation.

I do know what the thread is called, I've come here many a time. To me that is someone expressing their opinion, is that not allowed without it being taken as anything other than an opinion?

I do know what the thread is called, I've come here many a time. To me that is someone expressing their opinion, is that not allowed without it being taken as anything other than an opinion?

Nope. They are the rules.

Seems quite an old choice for the Disney Channel target audience they have now. Be interesting to see if the kids take to him.

Yeah, I'm Doctor $#@!ing Who, you $#@!. And you, you piss-filled dustbin, you can $#@! off too, you dalek $#@!.....

I was gonna post something similar, i knew somebody would have beaten me to it, oh well fuck it!!

Fuck!! Moxey out! :steam:

Nah,I'm ok with this. :)

(I was more excited when his name was Peter Kapoli tho) ;)

Back