• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Frank Turner - England Keep My Bones is a great album.

If you like a bit of FT, I'd say it's some of his best work.

Give it a listen, folks.
I agree. Met him a couple of times and he's a great guy. "The Second Three Years" Album is out now.

latitude-2012-poster.jpg

This looks absolutely ace. Shame I can't afford to go to it. :(

Looks ace, but £175 is a fair chunk of bunce for a weekend.

one of my best mates goes to latitude every year. that's probably the first line up that's really tempted me

My girlfriend keeps listening to this...

...I think the chorus sounds like Phil Collins but its growing on me.

Latitude doesn't appeal quite enough for me. Can't say that line up suggests being worth £175.

The downside with festivals is not seeing bands you love playing a full set.

Langers, did you know elbow are playing at Jodrell bank this year? I'm sorely tempted by that one.

Yeah - I saw that. Some of my friends are going. The bastards.

Latitude doesn't appeal quite enough for me. Can't say that line up suggests being worth £175.

The downside with festivals is not seeing bands you love playing a full set.

Langers, did you know elbow are playing at Jodrell bank this year? I'm sorely tempted by that one.

Isn't it sold out already. My sister is going. My bro got her a backstage pass for the flaming lips gig there last year. Hopefully some decent bands will play there some time. ;)

Couple of programmes about Bill Withers on BBC4 right now.

Wonderful band, wonderful album, wonderful performance. Get your ears around this.

So my friends girlfriend works in one of Dublins best venues, Vicar St, holds about 2000. I've been on the guestlist for a few gigs there recently, Henry Rollins, Yann Tiersen, Damon Albarn etc, but last night I was on the guestlist for The Presidents of USA. Not sure if many on here know them? They were big in the 90's. Peaches and Lump being their hits, and they are a really fun live band. They tell stories in between songs etc..... aaaaanyway, my mates missus is a big fan of theirs so organised backstage passes for us, and after the gig we got to hang out with the band and their crew and the hangers on and the weirdos from around Europe who follow them on tour ( I met a married couple from Glasgow who spend all their money on following The Presidents at every gig). Firstly, backstage at Vicar St is unreal. Like a plush apartment, its got 2 levels, downstairs has its own bar with serving barmaid, 6 gorgeous suede couches, persian rugs, fully stocked bookshelf, toilets, showers etc, and upstairs is really cool, you go up a spiral staircase to an attic space with tigerskin rugs, buddha bags, lava lamps, 2 more long suede couches, nice art on the walls etc. Its a really nice backstage....I have played at many Dublin venues, and most are just a room with a couch and a fridge and a table and chairs.

The Presidents themselves were really cool, hanging out and signing anything you wanted, telling really cool stories behind the songs (they had played their entire 1st and 2nd albums as a special St Patricks Day treat) and I got chatting to the drummer and he was telling me cool stories about the music scene in Seattle (Im a big grunge fan). I told the singer about how my old band did a rockier cover of Peaches at our own album launch and he thought that was really cool! It was a very cool way to spend St Patricks Day

Windows Media Player has just picked a very apt first song for me to listen to...

Back