• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Anyone ever been to Bearded Man festival? If so, is it any good?

Sad year for Warp. LFO guru Mark Bell died about 6 weeks ago.

Ian McLagan (Small Faces) also died this week.

Will go ahead and say this is the best one they have done so far!

Bloody hell! Thats awful. I really liked that guys music. When my old band were gigging in New York in 2006, we visited this cool bar in Williamsburg that played all his stuff, along with the Beta Band, Pavement, Tortoise, Slint and a band called The Album Leaf. Have you heard of them? They/he are brilliant.

I know, awful. not sure what happened but sad so many creative artists seem to go so early. not heard of the album leaf, i'll check them out. I've heard of the others :D

what's been your music highlights this year?

sounds like a cool bar. there's a bar at the back of Islington where the guy doesn't charge for his jukebox but only puts his favourite albums on - Wire, Jesus Lizard, Can, Chameleons - loads of cool stuff on it. the pub itself was pretty good to start a few years back with but last visit was a bit scuzzy

I know, awful. not sure what happened but sad so many creative artists seem to go so early. not heard of the album leaf, i'll check them out. I've heard of the others :D

what's been your music highlights this year?

sounds like a cool bar. there's a bar at the back of Islington where the guy doesn't charge for his jukebox but only puts his favourite albums on - Wire, Jesus Lizard, Can, Chameleons - loads of cool stuff on it. the pub itself was pretty good to start a few years back with but last visit was a bit scuzzy

Oooooh, tough one. Possibly Hozier. The Pink Floyd album maybe. Sam Smith was a surprise but a bloody good album. Todd Terje's debut was great too.

If you're gonna check out the Album leaf, start here:

Oooooh, tough one. Possibly Hozier. The Pink Floyd album maybe. Sam Smith was a surprise but a bloody good album. Todd Terje's debut was great too.

If you're gonna check out the Album leaf, start here:

cheers. i can see why you like this. the bit from 1.30 is like a mellow version of orbital. very nice

i've not heard any of the stuff you mention this year, maybe get to check it out at some point.

trying to do my annual cd and still have ten minutes to cut. not easy deciding. i think all the bad language tracks have gone at least, though can't say for certain hehe.

I only have the woods by SK. great album though.

The Woods is a great album. Their earlier stuff has a bit more of a DIY sound to it but the production on The Woods sounds like it was turned up to 11 which I love. Personally, I think Dig Me Out is their best album. They are awesome live too.

No I haven't heard anything by them. Best wait until I'm not at work to Google them though with a name like that!

Watched Catfish & The Bottlemen in Oxford Academy last night. These boys know how to write a catchy tune! Very humble as well. Again (I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread) but the increased number of screaming teenage girls at gigs for bands like this is becoming really frustrating. They ruin the experience of a gig a bit for me! Maybe that's because I'm 30 years old and slowly getting more miserable by the day.

Taking Back Sunday are playing Oxford Academy this Sunday so I might pop down and see them as well. I remember when I saw them support Greenday all those years ago at Milton Keynes Bowl and apparently no one apart from me and my mates knew who they were. They've changed a lot over the years but nothing beats a bit of nostalgia.

Back