• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Ronnie Dio's always good for a bit of sword and sorcery:

Kill the King - Rainbow
Neon Knights - Sabbath

Good shouts - and I know these.

Oh, and you'll be wanting Python's Knights of the Round Table obviously. (I assume this is a mixtape you're making for Deutsch?)

Obviously! I've got that somewhere too. Not for Deutsch, though maybe if I can shoehorn in some Gomez and Counting Crows he might appreciate it?

Swords of a Thousand Men - Tenpole Tudor

I'll let the other children play now.

Minus the Bear - Knights

Not heard of these, chaps. Worth a listen?

Just remembered - I've got the theme to Skyrim on mp3 somewhere. :icon_lol:

That's track 1 sorted.

Ok forum - a task for you, if you please?

I'm preparing a playlist with a loose theme of castles, knights etc. Can you come up with some songs that have castles/knights/battles in the title, or of a similar theme?

I'm worried this is going to surpass all previous nerdish boundaries.

I'm worried this is going to surpass all previous nerdish boundaries.

No, not at all (except the Skyrim theme!)

Mini Langers asked if I knew any songs about castles and knights and if I could make him a list from my 'magic music box' (iPod). He's showing a lot of interest in music at the moment so I've taken on the challenge!! He absolutely LOVES Seth Lakeman.

All along the watchtower by anyone you fancy... Dylans version is pretty good as is U2s

Maiden are pretty good for "battle" stuff

Alexander the Great has all the good battles of the wars with Persia in there.
The Trooper is about the charge of the light brigade
Sun and Steel is about Samurai Warriors (I think!)
Where Eagles Dare is basically about the book and film of the same name so war-related

Too many castles in the sky - rose of avalanche is a great song.
A lot of Dead can Dance tracks have a medieval feel to them. The cardinal sin includes a line 'like castles in Spain'
They also have the line 'within her aching womb there burns a funeral pyre' in Enigma of the absolute which seems a good line for a Got theme. On that count, Lions by the features is a perfect song for Tyrion.

If its battles and wars you're after then my step - son will highly recommend pretty much anything by Sabaton

Duel - propaganda
slint's nosferatu man lived in a castle of course

A couple Dothraki tracks, naked and savage - the mission, horse nation - the cult

Into The West - Anne Lennox

Straight from the LOTR soundtrack, but it's a great song.

Don't you think some of these references might maybe, possibly be a bit cryptic for a six year old...

I didn't spot it was for mini Langers.

King Nothing is a great song for a kid.

Castles Made of Sand by Jimi

If you want LOTR related you need to include Ramble On by Led Zep. Tons of Tolkein references in the lyrics

Back