• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Morrissey cuts a concert short in Warsaw after receiving 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse from the audience.
Never liked Morrissey. Can't see how you can find you shouted the "insults" from just turning the lights on and looking into the audience?

Morrissey is so far up his own arse he would have needed a hydrophone to have picked up these insults.

Went to see Biffy Clyro at The Troxy in London last night. Awesome gig.

Ta, I'll check it out when I get the chance. Not heard it and don't really listen to radio though Riley one of the better ones of course! V gd album which I've been listening to on hols amongst others.

Riley is always worth a listen as he plays an awful lot of new stuff which wouldn't get anywhere near a daytime playlist. And he does old fashioned things like give you proper details of gigs and record labels etc.

I went to see James at the NIA saturday night. Though it was only a couple of weeks since oxford, & this venue is a much more soul-less/vacuous place, I have to say I had a fantastic experience.
Starsailor were support, so I avoided that.

James were magnificent. Glad to report they played a much varied set from Oxford, & keeping on top of their challenge they played 2 tracks I had never heard live before (every time I've seen them they've played something I've never heard before & I love it!)

Sit Down has been rested for the entire tour. They've still a back catalogue of over 300 songs to pick from, & could (for me) play for 4 hours & there'd still be stuff missing. They're currently including an obscure b-side in their set from 8 years ago that sounds majestic, & it is fantastic to hear such stuff live.

Never heard Sound used as an opener before, but it really worked.

Honestly, La Petit Mort is a phenomenal album. It is disgustingly under-rated imo. Treat yourselves.

Currently listening to What Have We Become, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott in readiness for seeing them live on Friday night. Really enjoying the album, it's typical Heaton and has quickly become one of my favorite albums by him along with Fat Chance and The Crosseyed Rambler

Top stuff - I shall be buying this. It'll be interesting to see what it's like as it's very different to IAK's usual stuff.

From Here To There was actually pretty decent as well. I wasn't aware they did the score to it, I just thought they used a few tracks from their back catalogue.

try Ultimate Painting who sound (to me at least) like a cross between IAK and the Velvet Underground

Went to see The National at the O2 Megaenormodome last night. Very good as always but bad choice of venue. Much as I love them, it's not stadium music. A couple of nights at the Hammy Odeon would have been better. They need to learn to live by the old maxim "what would Lemmy do?"

Wild Beasts supported - everyone else seemed to like them but I thought they were incredibly annoying.

Ok forum - a task for you, if you please?

I'm preparing a playlist with a loose theme of castles, knights etc. Can you come up with some songs that have castles/knights/battles in the title, or of a similar theme?

off the top of my head:

Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
Moody Blues - Knights in White Satin (I know it's 'Nights' really but I like the song and has that sort of medieval sound to it)
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Led Zeppelin - Battle of Evermore

That sort of stuff. Might even bung the Game of Thrones theme on there.

Ronnie Dio's always good for a bit of sword and sorcery:

Kill the King - Rainbow
Neon Knights - Sabbath

Oh, and you'll be wanting Python's Knights of the Round Table obviously. (I assume this is a mixtape you're making for Deutsch?)

Back