• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I think it's safe to say this guy isn't overly keen on the new Coldplay album:

http://thequietus.com/articles/15274-coldplay-ghost-stories-review

:icon_lol:

Not a Colplay fan, is he?

Incidentally, I do like them and heard it for the first time today and didn't think much to it. It's not terrible by any means but nothing really grabbed me about it. There have been moments on all their previous albums that I've really liked - though those moments seem to decrease with each album.

I'm sure many people will say it's crap purely because it's Coldplay and won't actually listen to it but speaking as a fan, it's a let down.

Do you not think that a "boring" album is one of the worst crimes in music?

AM today in Finsbury Park supported by Miles Kane and Royal Blood.

Should be fun!

Metallica's set list from Sonisphere: Helsinki

10430367_10152426486639764_6737697101134983001_n.jpg

Off to see Paul Heaton and Ms Abbott tonight in Brum.

Great reviews across the board for all the shows so far. Would love to be going but didn't get my arse in gear in time.

I've played the album back to back a dozen times since it came out, superb stuff.

What a gig that was. Just brilliant. Great mix of stuff from the new album and classic Housemartins & Beautiful South tracks. Abbot has a stunning voice and Heaton was on top form. Just a shame it had to end

Thanks for posting. I love this track (1983 !!!) and I must have missed this band first time round. Lead singer sounds a bit like Wayne Hussey ? Will be exploring them more now......

if you like this you certainly won't regret checking them out. on first 3 albums they're my no. 1.

What a gig that was. Just brilliant. Great mix of stuff from the new album and classic Housemartins & Beautiful South tracks. Abbot has a stunning voice and Heaton was on top form. Just a shame it had to end

Now confirmed that they are playing the Civic on 28th November. Must get myself along to that.

Been missing in action owing to moving house!
Music room sorted!
Popping over to the folks tonight in the hope the new James album has arrived. Needs blasting out!

Been listening to Michael Franti a lot since his amazing gig.

Back