• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Excellent. See them live at Sonisphere and watch a completely different setlist from Glastonbury. Hope the Beeb has a 10 second delay as young master Hetfield does tend to have a bit of a potty mouth.

Excellent. See them live at Sonisphere and watch a completely different setlist from Glastonbury. Hope the Beeb has a 10 second delay as young master Hetfield does tend to have a bit of a potty mouth.

Will be amusing to see Fearne Cotton pretending to be a big fan.

She struggled to do that with the Foo Fighters so this will be a bit of a leap of faith. Hopefully some other presenter asks her what her favourite track from Master of Puppets is.....

The Sonisphere set is by request and I have fired in my 18 tracks for the vote. Looks like a proper OldSkool set judging by the early voting.

Glastonbury will no doubt be a lot of the newer hits and most of the Black Album. I can't see them opening with Fight Fire With Fire, although that would be fucking hilarious.

Awful line up imo. Possibly would have been interested 20 years ago.

Which is the main problem. There's maybe ten bands I'd like to see on the entire list and if I were to spend money on a festival this year, I'd go elsewhere. As I said, it's better than it was but it's still weak.

My other beef with Download is the cost, that my son isn't allowed to attend until he is five and I can't take a stove my make a cup of tea anymore :/

She struggled to do that with the Foo Fighters so this will be a bit of a leap of faith. Hopefully some other presenter asks her what her favourite track from Master of Puppets is.....

The Sonisphere set is by request and I have fired in my 18 tracks for the vote. Looks like a proper OldSkool set judging by the early voting.

Glastonbury will no doubt be a lot of the newer hits and most of the Black Album. I can't see them opening with Fight Fire With Fire, although that would be fucking hilarious.

I like the by request idea. More bands with big back catalogues should do that. Or do what the Cure do and just play for 9 hours.

Which is the main problem. There's maybe ten bands I'd like to see on the entire list and if I were to spend money on a festival this year, I'd go elsewhere. As I said, it's better than it was but it's still weak.

My other beef with Download is the cost, that my son isn't allowed to attend until he is five and I can't take a stove my make a cup of tea anymore :/
There isn't a single band at download I'd WANT to see. There's a couple I wouldn't mind, but seen em already so no real rush. It's a very apathetic line up I think.

Sonisphere has 5 or 6 bands I wouldn't mind seeing, there's nothing of interest on the friday though, & what's the betting that those I'd wanna see are on at the same time! :argh:

According to my Sonisphere tickets there will be no clashes between stages. I was really worried about that as I thought Slayer and Iron Maiden were going to be on at the same time.

According to my Sonisphere tickets there will be no clashes between stages. I was really worried about that as I thought Slayer and Iron Maiden were going to be on at the same time.
Interesting.
I remember the first year donington had 2 stages (1994?). They did similar there. I remember the field running from 1 stage to the other throughout the day...

In other news, last night I went to see the Brilliant Michael Franti & Spearhead at the academy.

What a phenomenal show! He & the band were really on form, & massively got into the evening with the crowd, who were also having a whale of a time.
Shame on britain though, for only sending about 100 people to the gig. He was an amazing performer, the show was superb!
I've been to shows in much bigger rooms, with loads more people in attendance where there was less noise.

It is a damning indictment on society when some proper shit sells out the nec etc, yet brilliance like franti & spearhead is in gets such a poor turnout.

Interesting.
I remember the first year donington had 2 stages (1994?). They did similar there. I remember the field running from 1 stage to the other throughout the day...

On the second stage with Biohazard and then sprinting back down to the front of the main stage as quick as my legs could carry me. It was chaos.

Interestingly, Anthrax have been added to the second stage on Friday, even though their main set is on the Saturday. On the Friday they are playing Among The Living in its entirety. Lovely jubbly.

Just reading a bit about the Maiden shows. Apparently this will be the last time they ever play a lot of their 80s songs live. I now wish I was going.

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott's new album out on Spotify today, been waiting for this for months. Giving it a spin right now.

Back