• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The Mogwai gig was fantastic. It had the best sound quality of any gig I've ever been to, bar none. Even during the wall-of-noise feedback sections, you could pick out all the individual elements. It probably helped that it was in the Royal Festival Hall. Even Mrs Architect was impressed and it's not her sort of thing at all.

They were supported by Clinic, who were also excellent.

I am starting to worry about the future of razor blade manufacturers, though. So much facial hair in the audience.

I am phenomenally envious. I still haven't listened to Rave Tapes properly yet. However I did go through my box set this weekend & it is truly a lovely item - additional 12" vinyl with 2 tracks unavailable elsewhere (pink vinyl too), plus a 7" engraved vinyl with a 3rd additional track, album on vinyl, cd and pink cassette, really nice book in there too.

On the razor blades, I read a story recently that razor manufacturers aren't happy with movember as all their sales went down!

That box set does sound like a thing of beauty. Unlike the disgusting London hipsters with their unkempt beards, their ironic flat caps and their skinny jean mismatched with enormous boots. Though to be fair, this was the first gig in an age where no-one has annoyed me. No-one talked all the way through, no-one farted, no-one watched it through their phone, no-one was inconsiderately tall... Might have been the best gig ever!

That box set does sound like a thing of beauty. Unlike the disgusting London hipsters with their unkempt beards, their ironic flat caps and their skinny jean mismatched with enormous boots. Though to be fair, this was the first gig in an age where no-one has annoyed me. No-one talked all the way through, no-one farted, no-one watched it through their phone, no-one was inconsiderately tall... Might have been the best gig ever!

Mogwai have a history of making peeps at their shows STFU, as the contrast in very quiet to very loud is essential to the experience.

I see their point. I get well pissed at people screaming/chatting/being twats at gigs at £30 a shot spoiling it for all & sundry.

Mogwai have a history of making peeps at their shows STFU, as the contrast in very quiet to very loud is essential to the experience.

I see their point. I get well pissed at people screaming/chatting/being twats at gigs at £30 a shot spoiling it for all & sundry.

This. At one point I'd drifted away mentally during one of the quieter bits - cozily contemplating the universe in the very comfortable seats - when they very very suddenly switched to super loud mode. Nearly gave me a heart attack.

British music,punk/rock/prog especially ruled me through the seventies,what the hell happened? Anyone?

I'm serious...apart from a couple of prog bands I and the British music have drifted in opposite directions it seems.I don't like it one bit.
I read in this thread names of bands I assume are British for the most part and I haven't even heard the names let alone their music...
any recommendations for straight(ish) rock bands and prog bands I can check out? :)

For prog, try Porcupine Tree. Fear of a Blank Planet is a good album.

If you want some older prog, you can always enjoy King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King.

They are from 'my time',basically I'm requesting bands who started say...after 1985-1990. :)
I have KC in my collection.

Back