• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not moved...stayed put...loves the Penn Tandoori...doesn't want to lose the deposit on his house...
Seriously, don't the club buy/rent all players and managers houses?
Even when I was a kid, I know Tommy Doherty used to buy a promising kid's parents a house to get them out of their 2 up 2 down terraced house.

Seriously, don't the club buy/rent all players and managers houses?
Even when I was a kid, I know Tommy Doherty used to buy a promising kid's parents a house to get them out of their 2 up 2 down terraced house.
Players/managers will Alan Partridge it (big plate etc) at a Hotel at the start.
Most will then rent a house. Club used to own houses but I think they just use an estate agent these days (those more ITK will confirm this bit on club ownership)
Some players may buy a house but pretty pointless if you are moving to the country as they will be fooking off fairly soon anyways.

Players/managers will Alan Partridge it (big plate etc) at a Hotel at the start.
Most will then rent a house. Club used to own houses but I think they just use an estate agent these days (those more ITK will confirm this bit on club ownership)
Some players may buy a house but pretty pointless if you are moving to the country as they will be fooking off fairly soon anyways.
Well yes, thats what I thought, It takes about a year to settle in, buy nice furniture, get your garden sorted, find your way round etc, I thought the club did all that shit, maybe took money back from the players salary, but I thought the PL clubs all had a bundle of houses in good areas...

Andy Pearce does loads of the property stuff, Neto lives 5 mins from us and the club have owned that house for ages.

But some will buy their own after a bit.

Going back a bit Sako rented the house next door to my old boss in Pattingham* I think the club helped him arrange it, but he chose the property etc.

* my old bosses wife was delighted at this as Bakary liked exercising in his garden with his shirt off

Got themselves in a right tangle there, he probably should have gone after the World Cup.

Tante Rudi loves stepping up for a caretaker spell.

Nick Montgomery has departed A League side Central Coast Mariners to join Hibs.

Laurent Blanc sacked by Lyon.

Perennial "Mendes will plant him at Wolves" man Gennaro Gattuso supposedly taking over.

They're now majority owned by John Textor (who also has a large stake in Palace) but Aulas still has some sway and they now hate each other. So they're a mess.

Bruce "American Allardyce" Arena has resigned from his position as DoF and Head Coach of New England Revolution after MLS announced it was investigating claims of "callous and insensitive remarks" (IE, he must have said something racist, homophobic, or otherwise legitimately problematic).

He was DoF AND head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back