• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a silly hope that something is going to change at Wolves, he knows it, hence why he's hanging around in Wolverhampton and why we've hired a cheap, inexpensive patsy in the meantime. Bullshit I know but I can but hope
That would be a truly wild turn.

Would have to be a Shiless Wolves for that to happen. There's also a vocal social media section of the fanbase that put the fallout mainly on him.

Newcastle will get twitchy soon if their form continues. A chance he gets that gig I guess.

If he thinks he got bollocks from the board here he won't touch Everton.

Are we richer than Leverkusen? I’d sack Gary yesterday if there was even a 50/50 chance of bringing in Xabi.

Are we richer than Leverkusen? I’d sack Gary yesterday if there was even a 50/50 chance of bringing in Xabi.
If there was a 50/50 chance of getting Alonso, we'd still have Lopetegui as manager if that makes sense?

If there was a 50/50 chance of getting Alonso, we'd still have Lopetegui as manager
Probably true.

If my Moutinho dream could come true, I yet live in hope…

The problem Lop now has is if you were a top half Prem club or aspired to be, would you seriously pick Lopetegui over Potter? Doubtful after what happened here.

That's his issue with waiting for a club. And those clubs that will employ him are going to be under the same financial restraints we are ultimately. .

I'm meh about him, but would put it 90% on Shi/Fosun 10% on him from what we know. 50/50 in May when he was told of Plan B, he should have known Plan A was bollocks based on our spend in the previous 2 windows, but when that was torn up, I don't blame him for walking even if some of his public comments re the squad were a little unprofessional. He prepared what he had well for the season.

I still have a forlorn hope that something is going to change at Wolves, he knows it, hence why he's hanging around in Wolverhampton and why we've hired a cheap, inexpensive patsy in the meantime. Bullshit I know but I can but hope
Fair play for your positivity but that is David Eddings levels of fantasy land.

Well all know there is only one ex manager that would be welcomed back and until the regime changes that won't happen.

We're going to need a new one in a couple of month's time who would be your choice?
I'd still try to attract Potter, I don't think it's unfeasible if we pack in being so maddeningly reductive in terms of spending.

Ideally O'Neil gets some results so it's not a question.

I wouldn't want him (Nuno) back either, I'd rather keep that chapter closed. I didn't want him sacked, I'm just not a fan of trying to recreate the past.

There are plenty of managers who would be happy to manage Wolves as long as we aren't in the bottom 3. It's the club's ambitions and footballing structure that will stop them, for example where is Potter turning up eventually? It'll be at a club our size - maybe even smaller, but one with their sights on upward progression, not settling

We're going to need a new one in a couple of month's time who would be your choice?
Doesn't matter really does it. We can chat bubbles on the subject but the end result will be.

Decide we have money: Someone decent
Decide we still have nowt: The Portugese Gary O'Neil or one of the standard Brit bosses like Sammy A (depends if we go back to being Team Jorge or stay as Team Hobbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back