• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is how I see it. Such a shame as he's worked miracles and is such a top man but I can understand the decision.

As Deutsch said, an odd time to make the call so I wonder if they've just sorted out a replacement?

I really wanted him to turn it around there - massive shame.

Sorry, but I just cannot understand the decision.

A top bloke but I didn't realise how patchy his managerial record was, 16 clubs in 30 years so a couple of seasons with a club and move on once it starts falling apart. His longest tenure was Chelsea.

Emotional nonsense. Whether you agree with the decision or not, one would have to be braindead to at least not acknowledge it's understandable given their performances this season. Relegation is unacceptable for them, and they have to protect against that. There's an argument to say it's the wrong decision, but all of the 'unbelievable, shocking disgusting' shite is just nonsense

I hoped that they would get through the season and then move him upstairs. Obviously it was not to be.

Let's hope they go down, they're a shite club with shite fans anyway.

Got to be unprecedented in any country I'd have thought that for two straight years a manager has won the league and then got sacked part way through the next season.

On current form he's taking them down. There surely has to be a time when last season's accolades are forgotten and they realise that they're in serious danger of going down?

It's a very sad situation but totally understandable IMO.

On current form he's taking them down. There surely has to be a time when last season's accolades are forgotten and they realise that they're in serious danger of going down?

It's a very sad situation but totally understandable IMO.

Kante apart, he has kept the best players there this season. Personally I would be pointing the finger at the likes of Vardy and Mahrez. They have not performed anything like as well as they should have.

Got to be unprecedented in any country I'd have thought that for two straight years a manager has won the league and then got sacked part way through the next season.

Is it about 5 seasons running that last year's champions manager hasn't been manager at the end of the next season?

Is it about 5 seasons running that last year's champions manager hasn't been manager at the end of the next season?
Not quite:

Ranieri - no
Mourinho - no
Pellegrini - yes
Ferguson - no
Mancini - no (although he only went after the FA Cup final)

They've looked clueless for a while now so not at all to surprised by this. Don't think it's an outrageous decision at all.

It isn't.

It is a little sad though. Leicester won't have that high water mark again. I have said before that it would be like us sacking Stan Cullis, and I stick with that. I really hoped they could limp through and avoid this by moving him upstairs but the table just doesn't lie. They are in real danger of saving Allardyce and that cannot be allowed to happen.

It isn't.

It is a little sad though. Leicester won't have that high water mark again. I have said before that it would be like us sacking Stan Cullis, and I stick with that. I really hoped they could limp through and avoid this by moving him upstairs but the table just doesn't lie. They are in real danger of saving Allardyce and that cannot be allowed to happen.

Second prize would be Pardew coming in and staying up at Allardyce's expense.

Not that I especially like Pards, one of the streakiest managers I've ever seen and a dickhead to boot, but I'm permanently in the ABBFS camp.

It isn't.

So why didn't they sack him after the Swansea debacle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back