• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll never happen but yep, I'd have Rowett over Lambert.

"Gary came in and immediately stabilised the team amid difficult circumstances and during his tenure improved the club’s fortunes on the field.

"He has conducted himself professionally on behalf of the club at all times and there is a genuine sadness at this course of action.

"However, new owners Trillion Trophy Asia Limited (TTAL) remains determined to lead the club to a bright and exciting future."

Good luck with that!

Would it work?

Seen plenty of people saying there's no point setting up to counter attack with this squad as the defence can't handle the pressure but as far as I can tell that's Rowett's MO, he's got good results at Blues but they've not played particularly good football whenever I've seen them.

The difference is that Rowett actually knows how to drill a team to play that way effectively. Blues had genuine support for Donaldson from their central midfielders and played to his strengths instead of just lumping it at him like we do to JDB.

Crap central midfielders as well, David Davis is no better than Conor Coady but he's had him playing well for two years.

Top notch candidate with no failures or baggage suddenly and surprisingly available and presumably lives locally. It's a no brainer as this shit isn't working.

I'd sack the lot and let Rowett bring who he wants in to his backroom staff.

Won't happen of course. Why couldn't this have happened a month ago ffs?

Sounds like Blues may have their own man lined up

Blues will go for a world name and it probably won't work out. Either that or they want a DOF and Rowett refused.

When Deutsch suggested getting rid of Saunders after a couple of weeks, I said I didn't want Wolves to be 'that' club. Rowett was my first choice when Zenga was bulleted, before we went for the cheap option. I'd happily be 'that' club now.

The difference is that Rowett actually knows how to drill a team to play that way effectively. Blues had genuine support for Donaldson from their central midfielders and played to his strengths instead of just lumping it at him like we do to JDB.

He's certainly been effective at Blues but I'm not convinced it's what I'd want to watch.

Just had a look at some of their recent highlights to get a better idea of things and had to go all the way back to the Villa game in October before there was a Blues goal in open play! Everything else was off a set piece apart from 2 penalties but even one of those penalties was won from a set piece into the box.

"Gary came in and immediately stabilised the team amid difficult circumstances and during his tenure improved the club’s fortunes on the field.

"He has conducted himself professionally on behalf of the club at all times and there is a genuine sadness at this course of action.

"However, new owners Trillion Trophy Asia Limited (TTAL) remains determined to lead the club to a bright and exciting future."

Good luck with that!

I wonder if their new owners make a better job of it than our new owners.

They aren't really new owners. It's the same people who've been running the club for the last two years. During which time it's been low budget, steady, sensible improvement. And now they're ripping it all up for no reason.

I'll say our owners will do better in the long run on balance.

Just get him in. Nothing else matters

Way too strange to even attempt to rationalise

Wow! Yep, I'd go and get him straight away.
Maybe the owners a Brum were impressed with the work Kenny did here and are after him...

Yeah, I'd have no issues with sacking Lambert and getting him in. Even Frank is on board with this. Do it Jeff!

Blues after Zola it seems. He wouldn't have been on a list of 50 people I wanted after Ken/Walt went whereas Rowett (in an ideal world) would have been in the top three both times.

Odd.

A manager we all want let's get him! It's harsh on Lambert but I don't care Rowett is a better manager IMO.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Absolutely and completely insane move. We should be taking advantage of their utter stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back