• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm

That speed then he was obviously always in the wings and Rowett was dead man walking. Very shoddy.

Even if it wasn't that foul sty of a team I would wish a large prat-fall upon them. As it is, I hope they are relegated with massive humiliation.

If you don't have anything worthwhile to offer then $#@! off, and I do mean that. We can do without people like you.

amusing

how dare they sack a respected british manager and appoint an italian who's achieved nothing

thats for us to do

I think Rowett will end up at Nottingham Forest or Ipswich Town. The natives are getting restless at both clubs.

Lad at pool tonight who sometimes gets bits of info on the Midlands clubs, reckons Zola took training this morning before they sacked Rowett.

I found that hard to believe though as surely pictures would come out.

Conspiricy theory no 428/1 - Rowett due to be sacked days after we released Walter, but they didn't want us to have him so kept him on until we had appointed someone else.

Not true of course, but hopefully this is picked up elsewhere to stir things up. Would have preferred Rowett over Lambert (I can understand more of what he says) but can't see Fosun ditching PL this quick

Conspiricy theory no 428/1 - Rowett due to be sacked days after we released Walter, but they didn't want us to have him so kept him on until we had appointed someone else.

Not true of course, but hopefully this is picked up elsewhere to stir things up. Would have preferred Rowett over Lambert (I can understand more of what he says) but can't see Fosun ditching PL this quick

Actually I would have thought the opposite. They would have taken compo and let him come to us rather than pay him off and sack him. I am very pissed off that we have missed one of the best British managers in the championship and got Mogadon Paul. His interviews are awful, but we were warned by enough Villa fans that would be the case. Unfortunately my first half season review is that we got told exactly what was going to happen by fans of Benfica with their players, by those who knew and had seen Zenga in action, and now Villa fans who remember Lambert. I will reserve judgement until he has had chance to buy players. However if we sit in the bottom few in January who the hell will come here? Only loans who cant get a game in their parent team.

We have a massive advantage to attract players over other teams below halfway in the table. Huge money.

Plenty of decent players will vote with their wallets.

"Unfortunately my first half season review is that we got told exactly what was going to happen by fans of Benfica with their players"

Is this a negative?
Im just sitting here thinking what an half season without Costa would have been like........ugh, even more depressing.

"Unfortunately my first half season review is that we got told exactly what was going to happen by fans of Benfica with their players"

Is this a negative?
Im just sitting here thinking what an half season without Costa would have been like........ugh, even more depressing.

Costa has been a massive plus but in early game his delivery has at times been lacking and he has gone missing on occasions but he is head and shoulders a great signing. The line was meant to show that really we were told both good and bad what to expect with all our signings and it has been true. Cav and Costa just starting to really come into their own in the last 6 weeks.

Costa & Cav - the more they play the better they get

Championship experience is all you need!!

I'd happily take another 3 players who are as good as Saiss, Cav and Costa

Russell Slade has been appointed as manager at Coventry City. He has taken on a tough job there.

Pardew sacked. Probably fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back