• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

January premium, they should offer more...

It’s just baffling why we wouldn’t. 30m for a centre back who is mid table (debateable) at best.

Ofcourse that’s if they offer that now.

We're not now going to accept the same offer we turned down in the summer are we?

Especially as we've since made him captain and given him a new contract.

For those that post on MM, is the view of Kilman the same as on here, or is it just another of those issues that TWF is out of step with the wider fanbase?

What is the specific TWF view of Kilman?

I've been cast as having some alternative view, when I'm not really sure I do:

* he's a mid/lower Prem quality defender
* we should have sold him for 30million
* he is not captain material
* he's better than Dawson in a 4, but both look exposed when we play with 4
* if we are playing with 3/5 he's good.

I disagreed with the notion he is shit and/or Championship level, but if that's the TWF opinion, then yeah I'll argue that all day.

I disagreed with the notion he is shit and/or Championship level, but if that's the TWF opinion, then yeah I'll argue that all day.
That we were bonkers to reject the £30m

For those that post on MM, is the view of Kilman the same as on here, or is it just another of those issues that TWF is out of step with the wider fanbase?
They did a pole on whether Kilman should be sold for 35m and 53 % said Yes and 47% said No.

In terms of being captain / timid, it does seem like MM aligns to TWF

In terms of his abilities, I think there is a more even split, but I do get the sense there is recognition he performs better in a 3 than a 2 - but whether that's Kilmans deficiencies or weakness in the system is up for debate

I still think we'll sell him in the summer if we get a suitable bid and we can replace him with a first choice target.

Around about his. I don't think he's as bad as some here. But also not as good as my STH mates think either...

Around about his. I don't think he's as bad as some here. But also not as good as my STH mates think either...
Whilst I agree, it’s confounded significantly by the amount we refused for him.

Reactions: b3h
Whilst there is undoubtedly some frustration at some of his shortcomings I think it gets magnified by the fact that most of us accept we will have to sell players as part of the business model yet turned down £30m. Maybe Kilman didn’t fancy Napoli so it wasn’t ever going to happen. Whatever the reality the message from the club was we value him at more than £30m which is baffling to most.

It seems Arsenal are after Toney so I'd think Nketiah will almost certainly be moved on

BBC reporting this:

"Wolves have their own striking concerns, which manager Gary O'Neil will try to address in next month's transfer window.

It is understood he is willing to let £35m signing Fabio Silva and Sasa Kalajdzic leave Molineux to create space for new arrivals.

Long-serving full-back Jonny Otto is also expected to depart following a major fall-out behind the scenes."

BBC reporting this:

"Wolves have their own striking concerns, which manager Gary O'Neil will try to address in next month's transfer window.

It is understood he is willing to let £35m signing Fabio Silva and Sasa Kalajdzic leave Molineux to create space for new arrivals.

Long-serving full-back Jonny Otto is also expected to depart following a major fall-out behind the scenes."
So whatever cash we have and about £15m to spend then…

Back