• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

He clearly doesn't fancy Sasa which I think is a shame but he's the manager and he makes the calls, and hard to argue with 22 points at this stage.

Fabio is just shite.

We need a CH more than we need a striker.

He clearly doesn't fancy Sasa which I think is a shame but he's the manager and he makes the calls, and hard to argue with 22 points at this stage.

Fabio is just shite.

Hwang away, Neto coming back from injury and Silva and Sasa unsuited to what GO wants - we definitely need a forward as a priority.

Fabio is just shite.

We definitely need another forward if both Fabio and Sasa are on their way. You're right about CB, it needs to be a quality one really.
We still need a RB badly, Jonny is gone and Doc despite his heroics(😁) today just isn't viable.

We're not going to sign someone for Hwang missing 4 league games at absolute most.

I'd sign one if we can but a CH is more important with Dawson getting on and Kilman being unfit for purpose.

We're not going to sign someone for Hwang missing 4 league games at absolute most.

I'd sign one if we can but a CH is more important with Dawson getting on and Kilman being unfit for purpose.
Currently Hwang and Cunha are being flogged as there’s no viable option on the bench. Fresh legs up front from a player that fits our style after 70 minutes would make a huge difference. I’d like a CH too mind.

Wonder if Mosquera might get a chance at CB.

Wonder if Mosquera might get a chance at CB.
Think it depends if we have a target CB that comes. We definitely need one, especially if we carry on playing 3 atb, which I don't think we have any alternative currently.

It’s a shame as he seems a really nice guy. From social media it looks like he has some involvement in a new restaurant in Tettenhall, so he does have a fall back option if he wants to stay in the area like JLop.

I think it's a but limiting on GON's part that he can't work out how to play with Sasa 10-30 minutes of a game. What exactly is the type of forward that would suit playing in front of Cunha in his system?

Winger cover is what I think we should cover in the Jan window as top priority, there's no depth there. CB/ST would be better as summer signings with a clearer picture and more options available

Sometimes players don’t fit what a manager wants, doesn’t necessarily mean either is in the wrong.

I feel for Saša but if he’s not going to play here then letting him go somewhere that he has a chance is best for everyone, IMV.

I think it's a but limiting on GON's part that he can't work out how to play with Sasa 10-30 minutes of a game. What exactly is the type of forward that would suit playing in front of Cunha in his system?

Winger cover is what I think we should cover in the Jan window as top priority, there's no depth there. CB/ST would be better as summer signings with a clearer picture and more options available
I am pretty sure it’s obvious how to play with Sasa but it means changing quite a lot of the component parts to make it work because he is so different to what we have in forward positions and how the team is set up. Sasa is not particularly fast, doesn’t run with the ball, doesn’t press particularly well…and doesn’t look like someone you could just lump long balls to.

He will leave in January on loan and probably won’t come back.

We need a pacy, mobile cf, who can hold the ball up, and play cunha/sarabia in behind him as an 8.
However to accomodate that, we need to play 433, so for sure we need an upmarket ch, and another winger.

The thing is, Sasa would become an option if we played 4 across the back.

So maybe we'll approach it as buying a decent CB actually equates to buying a CB and unlocking a CF. Almost a 2 for 1.

Yesterday he didn't bring Sasa on and put Doyle and Doherty on to broadlly play wide right and left. Tells you a lot about his status and also where we need to strengthen as that's not a plan we should ever be looking to implement...yes I know Doc scored, but still

I really hope the links to Brownhill come to nothing. He's as bang average a Championship midfielder as I've ever seen.

Proper George Saville of a player.

I really hope the links to Brownhill come to nothing. He's as bang average a Championship midfielder as I've ever seen.

Proper George Saville of a player.
Given our position of relative safety I’d rather give game time to Boubacar and Doyle and see if they can improve. Any money saved could be invested much better in other positions.

Back