• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

One thing I do think EP is correct about is there's no way we will replace Kilman. If we were to sign a starting ch it'd be to take Dawson's place in a 4 or his/Toti's in a 3
That's just massive sunk cost fallacy. Every man and their dog knows we should have taken the Napoli money but because we didn;t we are stuck with a shit CD for the next 5+ years.

If someone offers 15m+ we should snap their hand off.

Last edited:
I think Kilman will be here for a long time. The only way he moves on is to a club like Spurs or Chelsea and I can't see that happening any time soon.

Max playing in Big Ange's ultra-high line system would be fun to watch. Like when Solbakken did it with Berra and Johnson, only not involving us.

(For reference if I were asked if I'd swap 2010 Christophe Berra for 2023 Max Kilman, I'd seriously consider it)

That's just massive sunk cost fallacy. Every man and their dog knows we should have taken the Napoli money but because we didn;t we are stuck with a shit CD for the next 5+ years.

If someone offers 15m+ we should snap there hand off.
I don't disagree, but he's captain, is rated higher within the club than by us and they have a value they want to retain. He's our first choice ch.

Choosing not to sell him could also have been a matter of timing for us with replacement targets not yet available.

The new contract and captainship is likely all about retaining maximum value long term if the time to sell him does come about.

Suggest names Jinks

I believe over the years you were one of a tiny group...(pun maybe intended) who gave the thumbs up for the following signings

Ryan Bennett
Craig Dawson
Mario Lemina

You have transfer credit in the bank.
I'll take that "chief scout" forum title now, thanks ;)

(much as I love the "Barlow rejected rimming this one" one)

100% the young DW was a scout. You look like a man who knows how to tie a lovely variation of knots!

I was! Until I was about 13. Then unsuccessfully trying to chat up girls and drinking illicit terrible lager seemed like a better use of my time :D

Arsenal may let Eddie Nketiah leave in January if they sign a forward (want Ivan Toney but I guess they would need Brentford to assist on the FFP side again).

Yay or nah from the TWF elite scouting network? (obvs would only be a loan if we dived in)

Loan with an option/obligation then yes, just a loan then no, unless the next month goes terribly

Arsenal may let Eddie Nketiah leave in January if they sign a forward (want Ivan Toney but I guess they would need Brentford to assist on the FFP side again).

Yay or nah from the TWF elite scouting network? (obvs would only be a loan if we dived in)
I don't think they can buy Toney as they already have Raya on loan and you can't have 2 from the same club in the PL.

Yes to Nketiah I think he's a good striker. Can only play through the middle though and not a particularly great header of the ball.

I don't think we would be in for him, but I wouldn't say no.

Feels like a prime West Ham signing.

I'd take Nketiah, even if it's just a loan with no option tbh. I get the 'developing players for others' argument, but if he improves us for half a season and results in us being a better watch and getting more points then I'm all for it, even if it's temporary

Back