• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
People hated Lop’s tendency to park the bus a bit when we grabbed a lead, but honestly I think that was simply a clear indication of our desperation to stay up at any cost.

Getting to safety wasn’t just part of the job, it was the whole job. Literally everything else became secondary, rightfully so.

Last thing we need to do is lose our nerve. Give the man a chance, there are 3 worse sides than us IMO.
Of course there are. With the money that has been spent and the players at his disposal we should be top half of the table comfortably. Much bigger squad and more expensive than Nuno had. Albeit playing worse football.
Ask me again in six months, I still don't know what to expect.
What I want is consistency and a pattern to our play. Something to build on.

Of course there are. With the money that has been spent and the players at his disposal we should be top half of the table comfortably. Much bigger squad and more expensive than Nuno had. Albeit playing worse football.
Ask me again in six months, I still don't know what to expect.
What I want is consistency and a pattern to our play. Something to build on.

A significantly worse squad aswell. The Nuno side would wallop last year's 3/4-0.

Not knocking it, but people remember us being much more free-scoring than we ever were.

I feel like you could count the number of wins by more than 2 under Nuno on one hand. We were just never a side that smashed you on the scoreline.

Not knocking it, but people remember us being much more free-scoring than we ever were.

I feel like you could count the number of wins by more than 2 under Nuno on one hand. We were just never a side that smashed you on the scoreline.
No but we were a side that could put three past Arsenal, three past City, three past Spurs on our day. There’s three straight off without even thinking about it. If we went behind we knew we could still win. Because we scored. Neither applied last season or the season before.

Free scoring no, but capable of scoring? Definitely.

It’s not a coincidence that those are all against sides who would see a loss to us as a massive disappointment and thus were taking more risks going forward for us to exploit.

Point taken, though.

It’s not a coincidence that those are all against sides who would see a loss to us as a massive disappointment and thus were taking more risks going forward for us to exploit.

Point taken, though.
Yes that's correct. We had tactics spot on against sides who 'on paper' were better than us. Our difficulty was against sides who weren't (say Huddersfield) and also some home games particularly.
We needed two ways of approaching games, tactically. Come to that - still do.
My earlier point was, I knew what we were trying to do then.
So far under Lopetegui, I don't.
That's my problem, I guess.
Great we survived last season, I'm expecting a lot more this season.
Just wondered if anyone else felt the same.

Thing is there were two 'Nuno's' teams. The side in the first two years would batter the side of today. They were tremendous, especially against teams that weren't sure of themselves. This team would beat Nuno's post covid side 8 times out of 10, but I'm not sure many of them would be particularly entertaining or emphatic. Julen's clearly a good tactician, but I don't think he's capable of making me fall in love with a side like I was for those three years

I think it’s fair to expect us to be at least around the top half when you look at some of the players in our squad that we have bought.

I think we may end up there though. It may depend on Sasa. If he plays like he did in Germany, I think we’re more likely to finish 7th than 18th.

Thing is there were two 'Nuno's' teams. The side in the first two years would batter the side of today. They were tremendous, especially against teams that weren't sure of themselves. This team would beat Nuno's post covid side 8 times out of 10, but I'm not sure many of them would be particularly entertaining or emphatic. Julen's clearly a good tactician, but I don't think he's capable of making me fall in love with a side like I was for those three years
The whole thing is me being a pedant to the point of asshattery.

Nuno’s peak side would win easily, but IMO would go up 2-0 and then kill the game. Textbook.

The whole thing is me being a pedant to the point of asshattery.

Nuno’s peak side would win easily, but IMO would go up 2-0 and then kill the game. Textbook.
Oh aye, when I say they'd batter us (we'd batter them? We'd batter us?) I don't mean in a 5-0 way, but in that when we were at our best, teams could have more of the ball and stuff but you always just felt we'd win when we were on it

We were so fucking good at controlling the game without the ball. It must have been annoying to play against.

We really were. Apart from fucking Watford 😭 I was at my mates, we went two up and then i said words to the effect of "that's it now, the shape will do all the work. Two and done"

Then I had to go and have a curry for a mates birthday. It was the saddest, quietest curry I've ever not really eaten

We really were. Apart from fucking Watford 😭 I was at my mates, we went two up and then i said words to the effect of "that's it now, the shape will do all the work. Two and done"

Then I had to go and have a curry for a mates birthday. It was the saddest, quietest curry I've ever not really eaten
Never heard of them.

Looked decent in the one game I've ever seen him in. Seems he's being linked with a lot of European clubs right now to drum up interest?

I know absolutely nothing about him obviously but looking at his profile hopefully being interested in him means Fábio is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back