• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the manager likes him. So the club are happy.

Just because 25 or so angry Wolves fan on a small forum don't rate him doesn't mean the club feel the same
Also the scouting team of the Italian champions seem to think he's pretty good too.

It used to be an argument that our players must be shit as no other club is interested in them, but now even when other clubs show an interest they're still shit.

I thought that the plan would have been to get rid of Collins to give us some funds for Loppers to get in a centre half that he does fancy alongside Dawson. If Kilman goes to the bench or to Napoli then I'll be content although him leaving would need another one to come in.

Because the manager likes him. So the club are happy.

Just because 25 or so angry Wolves fan on a small forum don't rate him doesn't mean the club feel the same
Wim a big forum ay we

The FFP narrative is getting more daft, if we were really in the shit regarding FFP we'd have sold Kilman already.
Even the Sky report of yesterday mentioned that the sales so far have addressed the potential FFP problem for the 2024/25 season. I'm not saying that it means we are awash with cash but it should at least have stopped the narrative being repeated.

It's a fair point on Kilman - maybe he doesn't want to go to Italy .

Yes perhaps he might get demoted if JL buys big , but perhaps his view is that if I move it will be to another English club , and he's happy to wait .

I'll be raging if he's still here on October 1st. He's not very good. £30m is a madness
Unfortunately it seems like your grudge might be with Lop on this one.

Every manager has blind spots, I s'pose.

Just gotta hope the FFP concerns are because Hobbs has some absolute madness lined up

Unfortunately it seems like your grudge might be with Lop on this one.

Every manager has blind spots, I s'pose.
I'm comfortable with that, I can be angry at pretty much anybody

There will be added pressure on Kilman if we don't sell, he has a price tag on his head now.

I'm comfortable with that, I can be angry at pretty much anybody
“So Julen, why did you walk away from the club? Was it really FFP?”

“No, that fucker Del on the internet never forgave me for keeping Max. It was untenable.”

Can only assume we aren’t willing to let Kilman go because we’re not confident enough to sign two new defenders.

Baffling decision otherwise.

The mental gymnastics to think there's no way we can sign any CB's if we sell Kilman is amazing.
Surely it's risk mitigation. We don't need to sell Kilman so why expose yourself unnecessarily. Likewise, if we're after a CB and we sell Kilman it weakens our negotiating position because we sold one of our *first choice CBs

I don't think Kilman is as bad as some make out but by the same token he is never a 30m+ CB in a million years so if he's still here at the end of the window, let alone signed a new deal it's another failure at valuing players correctly.

Surely it's risk mitigation. We don't need to sell Kilman so why expose yourself unnecessarily. Likewise, if we're after a CB and we sell Kilman it weakens our negotiating position because we sold one of our *first choice CBs
Sorry Andy that's rubbish. Kilman is not the only CB in the world, probably not even in the top 500.

There are plenty of better players so selling Kilman tomorrow doesn't change our position in the slightest as we were clearly after a CB anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back