• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felix's comment after the game tonight suggest he wants out of Atletico. If only we hadn't sacked Lage we'd have a chance

Linked with Nacho this morning

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get Cunha and Diaz (M) along with Nacho and Filipe.

Linked with Nacho this morning

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get Cunha and Diaz (M) along with Nacho and Filipe.
Really? I'd assume they would be stop gap players to get us out of the shit this season while Kilman and Collins get their shit together (or we get in a quality younger defender for next season)?

Really? I'd assume they would be stop gap players to get us out of the shit this season while Kilman and Collins get their shit together (or we get in a quality younger defender for next season)?
The defenders might well be stop gap players given their ages. And they'd be relatively cheap for that reason.

Diaz may well be on loan but Cunha is 23 and is going to cost serious money.

We don't need another quality young defender we need experience.
I wasn't criticising the idea, it's just not been our MO for a long time. I'll be happy if we get in a few short term players to get us out of this hole.
However if Max and Collins turn out to be not good enough, we will definitely need a younger top quality CB for next season. Felipe and Nacho are what 33? There's experience and there's past it.

I wasn't criticising the idea, it's just not been our MO for a long time. I'll be happy if we get in a few short term players to get us out of this hole.
However if Max and Collins turn out to be not good enough, we will definitely need a younger top quality CB for next season. Felipe and Nacho are what 33? There's experience and there's past it.
For me that's a can which can be kicked down the road whilst we ensure our survival

They're clearly not past it.

Nacho's competition at club level is ridiculous.

Don't forget we've been linked to Garcia as well who is 29 and not part it either.

They're clearly not past it.

Nacho's competition at club level is ridiculous.

Don't forget we've been linked to Garcia as well who is 29 and not part it either.
No not past it atm but we surely need to be mindful of the future, that's part of why we're in the position we are now.

No not past it atm but we surely need to be mindful of the future, that's part of why we're in the position we are now.
I think we've recruited poorly buying Collins. That's not too say he's a bad player, I think he's going to be superb but both he and Kilman are the same in that they need an organiser next to them.

An experienced defender may well offer that in the short term as Collins grows into that role. It's clearly not in Kilman's make up.

Of course our recruitment is a mess with Mendes sticky fingers involved and somebody at the club needs to tell Jeff and ultimately Guo to stop being dickheads and let actual football people make the decisions.

I think we've recruited poorly buying Collins. That's not too say he's a bad player, I think he's going to be superb but both he and Kilman are the same in that they need an organiser next to them.

An experienced defender may well offer that in the short term as Collins grows into that role. It's clearly not in Kilman's make up.

Of course our recruitment is a mess with Mendes sticky fingers involved and somebody at the club needs to tell Jeff and ultimately Guo to stop being dickheads and let actual football people make the decisions.
I agree, I am hoping for an experienced, leader at the back, looks like we might get 2.
Hopefully with JL and his team in place, we won't end up with the situation we have now again.

The defenders might well be stop gap players given their ages. And they'd be relatively cheap for that reason.

Diaz may well be on loan but Cunha is 23 and is going to cost serious money.
Sounds like Atletico need the money though. How much do you think we’d be paying for Cunha?

I trust this staff a lot more than the previous but on the face of it (and I haven't seen much of Cunha at all so this is purely just from reading through his stats and a couple of videos,) i'm not sure about signing another attacker with a less than impressive goalscoring record. With that type of record he's not going to lead the line and we have plenty of technically good players for the wide positions who can't score goals. The only thing that would make sense to me is if they want to move to a formation that uses a 10 and he's suited to that?

Sounds like Atletico need the money though. How much do you think we’d be paying for Cunha?
Rumours of €50m but I don't know if he's worth that.

I don't know anything about him as I saw him for one game when German TV screened their games and remember nothing about him.

His highlights reel looks good (as does everybody's) and he can play wide as well as in the Firmino style role. I don't take any notice of striker stats at Atleti as Simeone's football is less than attacking.

I think he plays in a good front 3 with Diaz central and Cunha/ Guedes in the wide roles but all three swapping regularly.

Wow I hadn’t seen any rumoured fees tbf. I was thinking nearer 20!

I trust this staff a lot more than the previous but on the face of it (and I haven't seen much of Cunha at all so this is purely just from reading through his stats and a couple of videos,) i'm not sure about signing another attacker with a less than impressive goalscoring record. With that type of record he's not going to lead the line and we have plenty of technically good players for the wide positions who can't score goals. The only thing that would make sense to me is if they want to move to a formation that uses a 10 and he's suited to that?
Do we have "plenty" of wide players though?

Podence has never done it consistently for us, Hwang has ended up wide because he isn't good enough to be a PL striker (and isn't good enough out wide either), Traore is a busted flush, Chiquinho is out for the rest of the season, Guedes hasn't been here to long enough to justify writing off entirely (though many in the jury are prepared to deliver a verdict already), and Neto may be back in January but there's still a question mark there over whether he can recapture his initial heights.

Barring Lopetegui pulling off a coaching miracle and all these players seeing dramatic upticks in form, moving at least a couple of this group on ASAP should be a priority for fixing our attacking problems - Podence and Traore the two most obvious candidates, since we're never going to get rid of Guedes so soon and Neto has also earned the right to be given time to recover.

It’s Atleti and Wolves. Mendes probably has more of a say in the fee than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back