• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you (or anyone else?) know how many non-home grown players we have currently?
16 now we cut Bonatini. We’re only allowed 17
We were one away from the limit but that included Bonatini and Chiquinho. Unsure if we can deregister the latter.
Chiquinho was registered but surely we’d want to keep him in. He’d be ahead of Sasa rehab wise.

Is he going to actually come in and be a factor though? I'd rather register someone fully fit and let him recover fully ready for next year.
Why would he not be a factor?

Chiquinho was registered but surely we’d want to keep him in. He’d be ahead of Sasa rehab wise.
Last update on Chiquinho. He isn't doing anything this season.

Chiquinho is making good progress after his knee surgery. His injury was in July but also involved other knee ligaments, so his rehab is expected to take longer. We are looking to have him back during next pre-season.

Sasa was given an initial 9 month recovery time, so he might be returning to physical training as the season comes to an end

0% chance Chiquinho or Sasa play for the first team for the rest of this season.

The only question is *can* we deregister them if we're not at the full 25. We had to register Leo.

I assume you can change your registered players on Jan but I’m not sure. So we have one space and 3 players we’re trying to sign?

We can register and deregister as many players as we want in the window, providing that the home grown player criteria are met

I think there is a greater than 0 chance of us moving some players on too.

"Wolves want to be fast"

The fuck is happening here! No, we want to drag our heels and piss around for as long as possible surely. Do JL and his team not get the Wolves way yet? Shocking scenes.
The window doesn't really heat up until the last week. That has to be true...doesn't it?

His boss must be an absolute doormat man. Blokes never at work, don't even do the bare minimum. Spiers wor the best but at least he put some level of effort in.
He was well enough to Tweet about the cricket yesterday. It's not like there's any actual.journalism gone into that. As Deutsch says he doesn't care. After the initial launch The Athletic have scaled down their coverage of us with firstly the pulling of the pod and then the downgrade from Spiers to this guy (a sentence I didn't think I'd type). Their audience which is still very heavily American broadly only have interest in the obvious clubs. When they launched it was with a plan to broaden out into other none traditional US sports, but that's not happened, presumably because their subscription levels aren't high enough and those they do have are paying a pound a month

He reckons it'll take a week to do and write up a Q&A. It's not even an afternoon's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back