• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 2002, totally different.

If we could get a decent fee for RAN, I wouldn’t be against it. With Bueno stepping up to the plate especially. We have more pressing needs than our left back, so if selling RAN means we invest in certain areas where we need, then fine.

If we can keep him and still invest, even better

Grimaldo played (briefly!) for Lopetegui with Spain U21s.

If he's managed by Mendes then it's already a done deal ay it.

Giles is getting top class reviews at Boro. If they come up, you could have a MGW style situation and maybe get £10m from nowhere. Or alternatively keep him to compete with Bueno and sell RAN, although I still think the latter has the highest ceiling of all 3
Think Bueno is ahead already and he’s barely played professional football comparitively. Better in possession, probably best delivery in the club and is getting better defensively. RANs dribbling is crazy at times but the end product is rarely there, either refusing to cross/shoot or doing it badly.

I’d pick Bueno first everytime if both were fit

RAN is the better defender when his head is in the game. I appreciate yesterday's jog, doesn't really reinforce that view.

Yes but I expect Bueno to improve there. I’d say the improvement is already immeasurable since his first few outings.

The problem is his head isn’t always in the game, but that view can be distorted by him looking like his half soaked 100% of the time.

Not great on the goal yesterday but maybe the manager shouldn't have pointlessly switched system and left us a disorganised mess when we'd spent 25 minutes miles on top.

I just think it's a way the club might look at balancing it financially. We can't own all the players all the time. I like RAN, I don't actively want to sell him. Grimaldo is free (for accounting purposes) and we could get £25m for RAN maybe.

I know time is a flat circle and all, but the lack of date on this thread is really throwing me.

This is how my clients must feel when I implement a new app feature...

Angers are owed a thick end of anything we'd get for RAN, aren't they? We have the option to buy them out if it back to the price originally agreed,but even if we were to accept £25m (which I suspect is fanciful in any case), we're not going to be making a substantive profit from it.

Angers are owed a thick end of anything we'd get for RAN, aren't they? We have the option to buy them out if it back to the price originally agreed,but even if we were to accept £25m (which I suspect is fanciful in any case), we're not going to be making a substantive profit from it.
Looks good on the books though. As two years of his amortisation has gone. And Grimaldo "costs" nothing.

50% of any fee but we can buy that out for £10m.

So fingers crossed Chelsea want him...

Hmmmm. We’d have amortised like £4m and still £6m left. We’d have to pay around £10m to Angers and then pocket the lot if we sold him at £25m which I doubt the market would be there. So we’re not really making any money on the books there.

So only £9m for the books

If Bueno is going to be first choice do we need Grimaldo and equally would he want to come? Obviously we need backup but I’d imagine we could bring someone in on far lower wages than Grimaldo would command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back