• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Aye, as much as I love a fry up, the cost of buying decent ingredients and then the hassle of cooking it all then tidying it all away means you're invariably better off going out if you have a decent option nearby. I have three within easy walking distance. Plus Medicine in Codsall although I've never been there for breakfast, that's my go to coffee and cake place for an afternoon.

Shall be using all of them when we exit lockdown in some form, all businesses worth supporting. Not all on the same day obvz.

Tend to avoid "all day breakfast" options in pubs, generally shite as they cheap out on stuff (they also have the plate swimming in beans and I fucking hate beans). Not a fan of a breakfast buffet either. I don't want bacon that was cooked two hours ago.

I go for poached eggs rather than fried eggs. Healthier and more consistent rewards if you know what you're doing.

Ordered a curry for dinner as a Friday treat. Plus I have no idea when DW will be allowed to buy me one!

Ordered a curry for dinner as a Friday treat. Plus I have no idea when DW will be allowed to buy me one!

If the season gets called null and void then I think I win by default :D

You can vouch for the quality of the breakfast at the Kitchen in Bilbrook. My favourite of the three but I do share the custom around as I'd hate to lose any of them.

Delias scrambled eggs always look under cooked and far too sloppy. Whenever I hear her name I always think of her eggs.

I wouldn't go to someone like that for something simple, they always make it far more complicated than it needs to be.

Aye, as much as I love a fry up, the cost of buying decent ingredients and then the hassle of cooking it all then tidying it all away means you're invariably better off going out if you have a decent option nearby. I have three within easy walking distance. Plus Medicine in Codsall although I've never been there for breakfast, that's my go to coffee and cake place for an afternoon.

Shall be using all of them when we exit lockdown in some form, all businesses worth supporting. Not all on the same day obvz.

Tend to avoid "all day breakfast" options in pubs, generally shite as they cheap out on stuff (they also have the plate swimming in beans and I fucking hate beans). Not a fan of a breakfast buffet either. I don't want bacon that was cooked two hours ago.

I go for poached eggs rather than fried eggs. Healthier and more consistent rewards if you know what you're doing.

There's a top place near you called The Kitchen. I take it you've been there a few times?

Smell of fry up permeating the house as I gently cool down from volcanically angry with the eldest.

Gammon, poached eggs, beans and plum tomatoes accompanied with North Staffordshire oatcakes.

Oatcakes are grim.

My family love them but they're not the best.

Proper oatcakes are great, especially with a really good fresh filling. The 6-pack ones you get in ASDA / Tesco are grim.

No - they just really aren't

Surely you don't get oatcakes in Dorset?

I find them too greasy with a texture like cold porridge. Not my thing at all and I live near the home of the bloody things so my better half gets the good ones from a hole in the wall.

If the season gets called null and void then I think I win by default :D

You can vouch for the quality of the breakfast at the Kitchen in Bilbrook. My favourite of the three but I do share the custom around as I'd hate to lose any of them.

Was a top breakfast there!

Surely you don't get oatcakes in Dorset?

I find them too greasy with a texture like cold porridge. Not my thing at all and I live near the home of the bloody things so my better half gets the good ones from a hole in the wall.

No you don't, but have had them elsewhere

You see that's the only down side to food arguments when someone likes something that somebody else doesn't it ends up being the foods fault, I cannot abide sprouts, I loathe them on every level of hate but I appreciate that they're good for you, so the fact they make we wretch is not the sprouts fault.
But don't get me started on marzipan :)

Back