• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Ha! I tried that for about a year, but finally admitted defeat earlier this year - now I have pretty much no food containing wheat and feel much, much better for it. Still miss really fresh good white bread though :(

You can get wheat free bread in the health shops, I think I'd have to give it a try. I think I could give up most things if I had to, except bread/sandwiches. Oh, and cheese, couldnt give that up. Nor crisps. Nor Red Wine.

Thats a shame tredman, cos I bet you never get to mop up the gravy & mint sauce with a nice crusty slice :(

It looks pretty miserable, tbh

DLu0InrX4AEmOQd.jpg

*not my photo

That doesn't look great.

I've seen a couple of pictures and don't think it looks anywhere near worthy of the hype. It doesn't help that all KFC staff seem half arsed when it comes to constructing burgers/meals. I think I'll give it a miss.

Apparently, the original double down had the colonel's secret sauce (fnarr) on it. That would have been better.

Can't see why anyone would get excited about sticking two pieces of chicken together with cheese and sauce.

So it's basically 2 mini fillets with cheese and sauce. So it should be no more than £2.50 as you can pay £1 for a mini fillet?

Had one last night and looked so much better than that picture.

The fillets were huge so resembled an actual burger somewhat. Unfortunately the local KFC had run out of bacon so all I had on it was cheese and BBQ sauce, still nice nonetheless.

Might stick it in my own bap if ever get one.

Right, let's see what Smash Burger is like.

Goose Island IPA whilst I wait for the cow to be slaughtered...

Not bad at all. Had the Stilton Burger which was delicious and a thumbs up on the fries. Pricing about right as well

Also delighted to see a M&S Food Hall is opening on the retail park. So a decent range of ales won't be far away.

610 calories is actually not THAT high by KFC standards

I seem to remember that the three piece variety meal is pushing 1400

Had a nice roast yesterday, so today I am going for meatballs and tagliatelle

Some form of tomato-based sauce with a bit of chilli, garlic, basil and rosemary I guess. Bit of balsamic maybe. I will sort of make that up as I go along and see what I end up with.

Pork chop garnished with rosemary & flash fried off added to mushroom, carrots and roast potatoes from the crop I grew earlier (& which make superb roasties) - usual garnishes added

Back