• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

BBC2 with some brilliant scheduling tonight

Top Gear - Ends with a brilliant 15 minute piece on how much Britain is a massive part of the motoring industry and at the forefront of a lot of it
Swiftly followed by a programme highlighting how the Germans smashed the British motoring industry.
Clarkson has been blasting the BBC on Twitter about it.

Oh my fucking God. The Pappy's thing on the telly is quite possibly the worst telly I have ever seen.

And yes I know I liked them live

I caught the last 5 mins the other night and nearly smashed the TV in. Bird is not bad though....

Not seen anyone mention this program.... "Chickens", what an absolute pile of shite!

Not seen anyone mention this program.... "Chickens", what an absolute pile of shite!

Not surprised as it was written by those talentless fools from the Inbetweeners, wasn't it?

Watched that Wentworth thing last night - it was like Bad Girls but with more gore and swearing. It's now on series link.

Check out The Trip on iPlayer, BBC 2 I think. It's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon driving round the English countryside reviewing restaurants for a newspaper, whilst checking out the local scenery.

It's scripted to an extent I think but is very natural so probably a lot of it is improvised. Their relationship is very funny. Constantly trying to outdo each other with impressions and literary quotes and always getting on each other's nerves in a battle of one-upmanship.

Cheers Bear.

I'm determined to crack Breaking Bad, sons of Anarchy, sopranos, the wire, prison break and boardwalk empire.

Sons of Anarchy is brilliant. Love that shit!

Anyone seen the leaked 1st episode of the new Homeland series?

Check out The Trip on iPlayer, BBC 2 I think. It's Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon driving round the English countryside reviewing restaurants for a newspaper, whilst checking out the local scenery.

It's scripted to an extent I think but is very natural so probably a lot of it is improvised. Their relationship is very funny. Constantly trying to outdo each other with impressions and literary quotes and always getting on each other's nerves in a battle of one-upmanship.
Seems this series is from 2010. Plus there's only one left on iPlayer now.

Here's a clip of them exchanging impressions. Brydon doing Michael Caine's voice changing as he gets older is awesome (40 seconds in).

New series of Whitechapel started the other night. Looks good so far.

I expect penk-man will be watching strictly with susanna reid being on it...:atigrou:

I'm in tonight so will probably give Peakey Blinders a watch seems like a British attempt at Boardwalk Empire, which somehow I've never got around to watching.

Watched the Wipers Times on BBC 2 last night which was mildly entertaining. Very rare for me to watch anything live these days.

With breaking bad nearly finished, what do I watch next on Netflix? Done house of cards. Never seen the wire, homeland, broadwalk empire or game of thrones. In fact, I've barely watched anything.

Homeland would be a decent change of pace.

I'm still enjoying Orange Is The New Black if you want something lighter and completely different.

Back