• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just watched an episode of Modern Life is Goodish, presented by Dave Gorman on Dave

Enjoyed that hour of TV

Just watched an episode of Modern Life is Goodish, presented by Dave Gorman on Dave

Enjoyed that hour of TV

Annoying going into the breaks and saying "find out after this" though :icon_lol:

Enjoyed that hour of TV
I've enjoyed Dave Gorman in the past, but found myself getting bored halfway through the first episode. I've taken it off series link.

Just watched the end of Whitechapel.
Fucking mental! Set up nicely for the next series!

Without spoiling it, if you know your religion it was fairly obvious. Nicely done and eminently watchable, Davis and Penry-Jones are excellent. Have you seen all of them LJ?

Yes mate.
I've quite an interest in Jack the Ripper, so really loved the first series.
Series 2 (the krays) was a little bland I felt - though my Krays obsessed friend loved it.
I thought the 3rd series was brilliant - ratcliffe highway murders, thames torso murders etc was also superb.

& yes, Penry-Jones & Phil Davies really make the characters work. I thought Pemberton was excellent this series too.

Anthony Hopkins wrote Bryan Cranston a fan letter about Breaking Bad:

Dear Mister Cranston. I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening ******** in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins."

High praise indeed.

Blimey, that is high praise. I guess I should put Breaking Bad on my boxset to watch list (and it's a very long list - I still haven't watched The Soprano's yet!)

This is all kinds of GoT awesome!!

I enjoyed Educating Yorkshire last night. The boy with the stammer was very moving. I know it's all cleverly edited to make these stories emotional, but that's true of all TV.

Only thing is, my daughter has decided that the Yorkshire accent is cool and has decided to speak like that all the time. Funny at first but now it's getting really annoying.

I enjoyed Educating Yorkshire last night. The boy with the stammer was very moving. I know it's all cleverly edited to make these stories emotional, but that's true of all TV.

That was a lovely episode. And very moving.

Great stuff. What a fantastically mature young man he is - when you compare him to some of the other kids in the series (some of whom knuckled down and did themselves proud eventually), it's unbelievable really.

Absolutely. Brave too. I don't stammer but I hardly ever answered questions in class for fear of looking a dick - he put himself out there all the time, despite the fact that he could hardly speak most of the time.

Just caught up on sitcom Man Down written by Greg Davies. What a pile of shite.

On the other hand Gogglebox on Channel 4 is great!

Is British television in terminal decline especially weekend nights when most people have a few hours to spare. I don't do celebrity anything so the reality tv sh.t tends to make me fume. Grateful to Sky for the sports.

I ordered Sky last night.

First time I've had it at my own place - can't wait for it to be installed!

Back