• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I must admit, I liked BE but did think it ran out of steam a little and found the season finale a little disappointing. There were characters that didn't do enough for me. I understand though, that this series was pretty much like chapters 1 and 2 of a book, and that as further series are done a lot more can happen.

It isn't as good as The Wire, Treme or The Sopranos which have me hooked completely.

To be fair, the fact that we've also got Treme, The Runaway and The Sopranos saved on the Sky box at the same time haven't helped. So much to get through means Boardwalk Empire has been pushed back.

Now Game of Thrones and Dr Who have started, it means the wait will be even longer! Oh, and the new season of Deadliest Catch isn't far away - a week on Tuesday I believe.

You're dead to me now.

:ursofunny:

Whilst I can see the rather puerile nature of The Inbetweeners and I recognise that there are a number of flaws in the writing and characters, I must confess when I watch it I generally laugh, though it is usually accompanied by a cringe. It ain't as good as Peep Show which also makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

That's because Peep Show is well written and is performed by people who can act. It's also pretty original.

I bloody love the episode on the barge with the dog. :icon_lol:

That's because Peep Show is well written and is performed by people who can act. It's also pretty original.

I bloody love the episode on the barge with the dog. :icon_lol:

That was one of the funniest, cringeworthiest things ever. Totally brilliant.

Peep Show is one of the best and most original comedies ever. The concept is brilliant, as is the script and acting. The episode where Mark and Jez got locked into an apartment complex as Marks kid was being christened was a standout, as was the dog on the barge. Brilliant stuff

Is Game of Thrones worth Sky + ing? I've not got time to watch it at the moment, but from the adverts I can't tell if it's something I'd like or not.

Personally - yes. Never read any of the books but I thought episode 1 was terrific. Oh and there are plenty of tits to gawp at. Give it a go.

Peep Show leaves me cold.

I like David Mitchell but not the other grinning twat.

Anybody know when The Wire is starting on Sky Atlantic ? (I know it's on FX)

I must admit, I liked BE but did think it ran out of steam a little and found the season finale a little disappointing. There were characters that didn't do enough for me. I understand though, that this series was pretty much like chapters 1 and 2 of a book, and that as further series are done a lot more can happen.

Apparently it is based on just 1 chapter of the book. The actual book talks about the whole "scene" at the time and looks into the people. In one chapter they look at Enoch L Johnson.
It was he that inspired the series and Enoch Thompson is based on. It seems they are only basing a few true bits on him as they want the story to evolve how they want rather than follow a true path. I loved the show, the ending was as dramatic as I thought they could have made it but the set up for the season 2 could make it very interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_L._Johnson

Just watched the first episode of Boardwalk Empire, I thought it was a great opening but then again it did have Luciano and Al Capone in one episode.

Watched the season finale of Spartacus last night. Entertainingly gruesome! Especially the final gladiatorial battle culminating in one of them having his face split open lengthways...

Back