• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Contrasting comedies:

Him and Her - really enjoying this on the I-player. Took a bit of getting into but now I'm really enjoying it. Something warm and real about it.

Inbetweener USA - possibly the biggest pile of shite I've ever seen. I thought I should try it as I'm a big big fan on the UK version, but it's just awful. It takes exactly the same approach as our one but strips it of anything even remotely funny. There's hardly any swearing or imaginative language either. No "clunge"! Avoid.

Just watching Charlie Brooker's 2012 Wipe.

Some great stuff as usual, and I love Barry Shitpeas.

I bought my wife the Extras Complete Box Set for Christmas.

Never seen it before - it's ace.

Have you seen the Ian McKellen one yet? Him explaining acting is one of my favourite scenes ever.

Not yet, no. Just watched the one with Orlando Bloom. The best I've seen so far was the one with Patrick Stewart - utter genius.

Have you seen the Ian McKellen one yet? Him explaining acting is one of my favourite scenes ever.

Brilliant. Prob the best episode. The scene with the water bottle had me in tears!

We watched the episode with Daniel Radcliffe and Warwick Davis last night - I was crying with laughter at that one. Genius.

Ive actually been enjoying Last Resort. After the first few episodes which were a bit ridiculous, it actually started to improve. Sadly the last couple of episodes have shown clear evidence that they were made post cancellation - the writers are clearly scrambling to tie everything up in a hurry.

Got very excited about watching Knightmare and Fraggle Rock again. It turns out they are both actually a lot shitter than I remember. How disappointing. Glad I forgot to watch Danger Mouse, I would have been devastated if that had disappointed me!

Regarding Danger Mouse, It wouldn't - I watched them, & own the 30th anniversary dvd boxset with all episodes on. Still awesome.

FWIW for some reason they were showing american versions of fraggle rock (I too couldn't understand the lack of fulton mackay...) & knightmare has obviously dated.

i'm watching season 2 of the walking dead at the moment. i find myself preferring it to both homeland and breaking bad, and i don't even like zombie stuff.

Just started watching my I, Claudius DVD boxset. Tremendous programme.

Just started watching my I, Claudius DVD boxset. Tremendous programme.

i think my brother did some work on that.

after seeing your new avatar i selected a temporary one, but can you tell what it is :D

i think my brother did some work on that.

after seeing your new avatar i selected a temporary one, but can you tell what it is :D

No, can't make it out. Give us a clue?

it appeared on a machine in one of the episodes. not sure that's much of a clue though.

this may be a better clue

23vkis3.jpg

You've actually out-geeked me! No idea.

Back