• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Try watching Happy Endings instead. That's supposed to be pretty decent and has the gorgeous Elisha Cuthbert in it.

Or New Girl with Zooey Deschanel.

Try watching Happy Endings instead. That's supposed to be pretty decent and has the gorgeous Elisha Cuthbert in it.

Or New Girl with Zooey Deschanel.

Whilst I'd go to jail for the things that Elisha Cuthbert would LET me do to her, I didn't think too much of happy endings.

I have 145 items to plough through over Xmas!

Boardwalk Empire - shaping up to be an amazing final episode.

"**Awesome line, but Bear is a killjoy**" - Can't say who says that though, as it'd spoil eveything!

Last edited:
You should remove the quote altogether really Pablo.

2 Broke Girls; the only "filmed in front of a studio audience" show I watch (because it's two attractive women talking filth).

I saw a bit of it last night. It's beyond awful. Truly woeful. And the two girls in it are manky.

Yep. I still think you should remove it. Even if you don't know who says it and to whom it's still giving away the final line of the episode.

Not watched any of the third season of Boardwalk Empire yet, going to sit and watch them all over a week.

Just finished season 3 and it's the best one so far, especially the last few episodes!

Started watching Breaking Bad last night, anyone watch it?

If you didn't watch The Secret of Crickley House it's well worth a watch on i-player.

I'm going to let down Bear - finished Mad Men but although its a stylish show we both struggled with it a bit.

Nowhere near as engaging as The Sopranos - I think I found it just a bit too gritty, which was the main issue I found with The Wire.

Do you think it's a show that improves with a 2nd viewing? I do wonder whether we just expected another Sopranos which is why it passed us by somewhat?

Anyway - really appreciate you lending it to us mate so thanks heaps. :)

(Slight aside - the actress that plays Betty - yummy! Where have I seen her before?)

No worries mate. Worth a watch whether you got on with it or not. It gets better and better as the series go on and the characters become more rounded and likeable. They are all a bit bastardly at first. Apart from Roger who is ace.

Betty - January Jones. Was in X-Men First Class, Anger Management, erm... can't think of owt else off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed it but the Brennan/Booth pregnancy thing was doing my head in so I packed it in and watch other stuff.

Two things to look forward to this week.

Tonight, Little Crackers starts again on Sky 1. They're autobiographical Christmas comedy sketches by celebrities - some of the last series were genius, particularly Sean O'Dowd's and Johnny Vegas's.

Tomorrow is Cuba with Simon Reeve. I love Cuba having visited in 2007 for my honeymoon and Simon Reeve is a really good presenter so I look forward to that. We saw a lot of the 'real' Cuba - away from the beach resorts - and it was very eye opening.

Back