• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just off the top of my head, these wouldn't be acceptable now
Anne -mental health
Ting Tong - racist
Dafydd- Homophobic
Emily - Transphobic ( I know he wasn't trans)
Fat Black Lady - Blackface racist

It hasn't aged well

Picard, just finished the series. Meh.
Indeed.

I read a review that said Picard in this wasn't comparable to the captain of the Federation flagship, like he once was, but like an ageing downbeat social worker who everyone yells at and blames for everything.

Pretty much spot on.

Just off the top of my head, these wouldn't be acceptable now
Anne -mental health
Ting Tong - racist
Dafydd- Homophobic
Emily - Transphobic ( I know he wasn't trans)
Fat Black Lady - Blackface racist

It hasn't aged well

Rather more importantly not even a second of it was even vaguely amusing. A programme I enjoyed as much as dysentery.

Actually got dragged to the live show by my wife and her friends, it was excrutiating , but I was sat in the same row as Darren Bazeley (he must have been at Walsall then ) #claimtofame

ps I've always found David Walliams offputting, I don't know what it is ?

Rather more importantly not even a second of it was even vaguely amusing. A programme I enjoyed as much as dysentery.

I presume you did the standard thing of watching 5 mins going "nah" and then never watched it again or did you do take the Talksport approach and think this is shiiiit but I will watch it every week

I thought it was fairly decent at the time but I wouldn't bother watching it on Dave, etc.

I gave little Britain 1 1/2 episodes,it wasn't funny,never bothered again,can go in the never be seen again bin,with stuff like spike milligans curry and chips,don't drink the water with reg Varney

spike milligans curry and chips,don't drink the water with reg Varney

Some throwback stuff there! They are both genuinely horrible programmes.

Yus, My Dear starring Mike Reid is also an absolute shocker.

I presume you did the standard thing of watching 5 mins going "nah" and then never watched it again or did you do take the Talksport approach and think this is shiiiit but I will watch it every week

I watched a reasonable amount of it, and that was enough to make a judgement for me. Probably about 3 episodes in total.

Now, I have one thing positive to say about the current shit street we are all in. I haven't listened to Talksport in well over a week. I haven't turned Sky Sports News on in fucking ages. And I feel so much better for that. I will welcome Soccer Saturday back in to my house when we are all safe and back out the other side, but I simply no longer have any desire to listen to Alan Brazil or Jim White pontificating. It's liberating. It's ace.

I watched a reasonable amount of it, and that was enough to make a judgement for me. Probably about 3 episodes in total.

Now, I have one thing positive to say about the current shit street we are all in. I haven't listened to Talksport in well over a week. I haven't turned Sky Sports News on in fucking ages. And I feel so much better for that. I will welcome Soccer Saturday back in to my house when we are all safe and back out the other side, but I simply no longer have any desire to listen to Alan Brazil or Jim White pontificating. It's liberating. It's ace.

Did more than I would for a show that doesn't work for me. Somethings barely get 10 mins in and I am refusing to watch it again (although certains programmes I have to suffer because someone I share the TV with likes it....fookin Miranda for example)

Brazil has shortened his week hasn't he? Only doing Thursday and Friday. SSN rarely goes on here and when it does I am generally annoyed with it. Last time was around the Europa Cup games and their coverage went Man Utd, Man Utd, Man Utd, Steven Gerrard's Rangers, Man Utd, Wolves, Man Utd, Steven Gerrard's Rangers, Man Utd and repeat.

Miranda is useful only for drinking games. One shot if she falls over. Two shots if she looks straight at the camera.

I'm never sure if you should class Citizen Khan as racist. I mean it's shit (from the two episodes I have watched) but I'm not convinced it's in the best taste.

I think I have had the good fortune to listen to Brazil very little. He was at Cheltenham, ligging and spectacularly failing to observe social distancing, and then was off for several days as he put his back out on gold cup day falling over a pissed-up Ray Parlour. I kid you not.

When the country is in the shit like it is, his behaviour is beyond contempt.

But I don't need to be in the car, so no talksport. I walk to the shops if needed as that is my exercise. So Alan Bernard Brazil and all his drunken sycophantic cohorts are no longer part of my life. That makes me genuinely happy.

Miranda is useful only for drinking games. One shot if she falls over. Two shots if she looks straight at the camera.

Christ, you would destroyed if you played that! Especially as the look at the camera is the key part of the "comedy" as a tribute to the likes of Morecambe & Wise

Miranda was probably a joke stretched just a little bit too far. To be honest, the whole raison d'etre and conclusion could have been wrapped up in two episodes.

Big clumsy woman has no sex but fancies grizzled bloke in her life. Friends and mother are shitbeaks. Nothing else happens.

Possibly the best element of Extras is When The Whistle Blows and the whole concept of it. It's quite hard to write deliberately bad comedy.

Miranda is so bad that you'd think it's deliberate, but it can't be.

I would actually quite like to watch a real series of When The Whistle Blows :icon_lol:

Are we allowed to blame Dublin Drummer Wolf for Mrs Browns Boys ??

Back