• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Episode 2 & 3 were basically looking at Sherlock contend with different aspects of life

1) Having a Best Friend, being liked, having to mix with "normal people"
2) How to deal with intelect that is seemingly above his level and the fact he cannot just sort the problem as he normally would and then he has to become what he always says he is "a high functioning sociopath (i.e a fucking nutjob)

Just the Big Bang Theory then, really.

Is it sad I really like this show?

Not at all Johnny. Similar to SLA, the kids started to watch it and its grown on me. The episode where Sheldon gets drunk watching the Thanksgiving American football game with Howards father in law was brilliant.

"My dad used to make me watch it before being allowed to do my homework"

Community is good but I lost interest towards the end of series two. Some bloody hilarious episodes though. Chang is absolute gold.
Up to Ep16 of S1.

Senor Chang is AWESOME!! :icon_lol:

Easily my favourite show on TV is 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown. Stupid, childish but very fucking funny

ANyone watching the new series of 24?

Utterly fucking redonkulous, but utterly enjoyable.

Utterly $#@!ing redonkulous, but utterly enjoyable.

Yep...Got the lot on DVD and not going to watch this weeks until the final episode is recorded next week. Don't want to be left with the obvious cliffhanger Wednesday night

Utterly fucking redonkulous, but utterly enjoyable.

Yeah I've seen some people don't think it's as good but I've really enjoyed it!

It's mental as usual and Stephen Fry is a bit of a crap PM, but I'm loving a bit of Horsey Audrey and EMO Chloe.

Watched Mountain Monsters on the Animal Channel last night, hilarious!, a cross between the Office and American Wrestling, probably taken seriously in red neck mountain man country.

The first two Sand sisters... :wank:

Siddig and Pryce as Doran Martell and The High Sparrow are perfect choices IMO.

No Arianne or Arys Oakheart as yet though, speculation that Arianne is going to be cut completely.

Nothing abouth the Ironborn either, which might not be a bad thing.

No Arianne or Arys Oakheart as yet though, speculation that Arianne is going to be cut completely.

Nothing abouth the Ironborn either, which might not be a bad thing.

They can't just keep cutting Ironborn storylines though can they? It's one of the only storylines with loads of action in the next book and Euron/Victarion are pretty important to the story.

I've no idea what they're doing with Arianne either. I can't see any way it would work without her. Cutting down the number of sand snakes and turning Trystane and Quentyn into one character works but anything more than that is a mistake IMO. The further HBO veer from the book storyline the more they lose me.

I don't know if it's just me but I never imagined Hotah as black. I always thought of him as a big white guy with a beard. Been a long time since I read the books though so I might be wrong.

They can't just keep cutting Ironborn storylines though can they? It's one of the only storylines with loads of action in the next book and Euron/Victarion are pretty important to the story.

I've no idea what they're doing with Arianne either. I can't see any way it would work without her. Cutting down the number of sand snakes and turning Trystane and Quentyn into one character works but anything more than that is a mistake IMO. The further HBO veer from the book storyline the more they lose me.

I don't know if it's just me but I never imagined Hotah as black. I always thought of him as a big white guy with a beard. Been a long time since I read the books though so I might be wrong.

Thats how he is in the books, but he's a fairly minor character (from what I've read so far) so have little problem with the casting. Surprised they've resisted the urge to merge all the sand snakes into one or two characters though.

As for the Ironborn they're a pretty dour bunch and none are particularly likeable so its no surprise they're considering dropping them all together. God knows what that will do for the story though, ditto with Arianne as she's very central to the Dorne plot.

Back