• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Currently watching Jake Bugg at Glastonbury on the I player, superb!!!

Yeah, I liked the ending. Not particularly clever, but the right way to go. Quite warm, actually.

Watched the last 4 episodes last night and then had a quick read about the ending/2nd Series. Loved the show, one of the best on TV for a long time for me

The writer says he has no plans for another Series.

I didn't notice when watching but

the guy from the Car lot that Malvo uses to drive towards the FBI guys and says "Please, I have a little girl" and you have no idea if he is killed or not appeared in one of the 1st episodes with his wife to discuss insurance with Lester and then rejected taking out his Life Insurance. The writer thought that summed up the "things always come back to get you" theme of the show better than anything else

Watched the last 4 episodes last night and then had a quick read about the ending/2nd Series. Loved the show, one of the best on TV for a long time for me

The writer says he has no plans for another Series.

I didn't notice when watching but

the guy from the Car lot that Malvo uses to drive towards the FBI guys and says "Please, I have a little girl" and you have no idea if he is killed or not appeared in one of the 1st episodes with his wife to discuss insurance with Lester and then rejected taking out his Life Insurance. The writer thought that summed up the "things always come back to get you" theme of the show better than anything else

I thought, at first, that he let him go as the car was no longer there. I subsequently read that the rental car could be seen from an overhead shot or something. Also, there's nothing that's happened previously to suggest that Malvo would have spared him and risk having a witness running around the place.

Am still troubled by the moving of the knife at the end though....

Am still troubled by the moving of the knife at the end though....

My view is he moved it show he was acting in self defence, knocked the knife away so he picked it up and placed away from Malvo.

So he just didn't walk in and fill a guy full of bullets in the eyes of his defence. His last lines in the show basically say show he acted out of bravery.

Finally caught up with Fargo. Awesome show. And the best looking TV show I've ever seen.

My take on Gus shooting Malvo like he did. A) he's been racked with guilt ever since letting him go so it's his way of making up for that, b) he knows that the only way to stop Malvo is to shoot him. Malvo's like the wolf, he's not human - lots of references to Malvo's non-humanness throughout the series. Pure evil/the devil perhaps - lots of God/Bible stuff earlier in the series. C) Gus knows Molly will only try to arrest him and he will talk his way out of it and kill her. That's why he doesn't let Malvo speak - just shoots him.
He moved the knife because Malvo's already awoken from being shot three times (presumably cos he was pumped full of morphine) - just confirms that he's not of this world/not human.

Definite potential for a second series covering whatever happened at Sioux Falls with Molly's dad, who was brilliant in this. The inference was that Malvo was there for that, but I reckon it's more of the pure evil stuff. It's a bit like No Country For Old Men in that respect.

Did any see The Honourable Woman last night? Very heavy stuff but was enjoyable and easy to watch. I am to the middle east conflict what Tim Nash is to foreign football, but there's nothing confusing or too indepth to put me off.

Maggie Gynlenhall is such a good actress.

Bollocks, forgot that started last night.

iPlayer then Series link it is then

Good to see Sherlock is back next year. 2015 Christmas Special, followed by another Series (so 3 episodes)

Hopefully they get back to the original Sherlock format. The last series was terrible.

I enjoyed it. The almost making Sherlock be a normal human before quickly removing that possibility. Prefer Series that try to make things different or else it all gets stale - "complex case - smart arse sorts it whilst sidekick looks on with both amazement and a tad of hatred for his powers" is ok but not ok done 9x in a row.

The first 2 episodes were filler and the third was just plain ridiculous. Such a contrived ending. It was all just a little bit daft.

Series 1 & 2 were exceptional though.

I enjoyed it. The almost making Sherlock be a normal human before quickly removing that possibility. Prefer Series that try to make things different or else it all gets stale - "complex case - smart arse sorts it whilst sidekick looks on with both amazement and a tad of hatred for his powers" is ok but not ok done 9x in a row.

Very much this. Didn't see it as 'filler' whatsoever.

Have to agree to disagree then. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Hairy muff.

Pleased it's returning though. Top show.

Episode 2 & 3 were basically looking at Sherlock contend with different aspects of life

1) Having a Best Friend, being liked, having to mix with "normal people"
2) How to deal with intelect that is seemingly above his level and the fact he cannot just sort the problem as he normally would and then he has to become what he always says he is "a high functioning sociopath (i.e a fucking nutjob)

Yeah, might as well keep the tradition going........

Did any see The Honourable Woman last night? Very heavy stuff but was enjoyable and easy to watch. I am to the middle east conflict what Tim Nash is to foreign football, but there's nothing confusing or too indepth to put me off.

Maggie Gynlenhall is such a good actress.

I really enjoyed the Shadow Line (Blick's last drama) but struggled with this. Opening 10 minuted were brilliant as was the last 10 and Stephen Rea is brilliant. The middle 40 minutes was pretty dull scene setting. I hope it gets better as some of the dialogue was the most pretentious and irritating I've heard in a drama and certain things in it may as well have come with a huge 'clang'. No spoilers.

The mrs enjoyed it though and frankly that's what counts on our TV around prime time.

Hairy muff.

Pleased it's returning though. Top show.

And me. Far better than that guff that is Elementary. Cumberbatch and Freeman are excellently well cast and effortless in their characters.

Yeah, might as well keep the tradition going........

You do get touchy.........

Back