• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Good news for them, again another club plying its trade 1-2 divisions below its natural level due to bad ownership.

Because admin puts the club at serious danger of relegation and you'll also lose players at below market value because the administrator just wants cash coming in to fund the club day-to-day and satisfy whatever CVA is agreed (and pay its own exorbitant invoices for running the club for whatever period). So all things considered the value of the asset once that process is complete - which could take months - is far lower.

Everton as a Championship club having lost most of their best players and with all that money gone on servicing old debts is not a very attractive purchase.
We're talking huge amounts of money and interest to be repaid currently. Any investor is going to want a return on investment and going into a situation having to outlay more than you need to won't help in that regard.

The chances are that Everton will be relegated anyway. They've played a very dangerous game the last few seasons and losing more players is inevitable in this situation. Selling players is the only way they can trade out of the mess and make the purchase more appealing from a financial point of view.

I agree that you'll be selling at a discount but at some point the bleeding has to stop. The overspending on the squad was already a big burden and then you add on the stadium costs and it's a position that can't sustain itself. Frankly, Moshiri has been reckless and judgment day can't be far away. Everton need a solution now but another investor has walked away because the finances make it a huge risk.

Moshiri allowing 777 to mess them around for so long because he needed their money speaks volumes about how the club is run. He needs to be gone otherwise the reckless decisions will continue.

I’d imagine the price an investor would pay for Everton if they go into administration would be a huge drop compared to now. Given the potential the club has, especially with a shiny new stadium, some investors will think it would be worth waiting and then spend the money saved on the purchase price on a new squad to get them back to the PL.

I’d imagine the price an investor would pay for Everton if they go into administration would be a huge drop compared to now. Given the potential the club has, especially with a shiny new stadium, some investors will think it would be worth waiting and then spend the money saved on the purchase price on a new squad to get them back to the PL.
Depends on how the debts are structured post admin. I'm not nearly clewed up enough to know what it could potentially look like

Depends on how the debts are structured post admin. I'm not nearly clewed up enough to know what it could potentially look like
I’m no expert but if they go into administration and those owed money get paid pence in the pound and the debt is cleared a buyer saves a huge amount of money. The downside is your buying potential not a PL club. Seem to recall Ken Bates did some creative accounting at Leeds and Leicester rose from the ashes after leaving loads of small companies with big losses.

Their debts aren't to the traditional creditors when clubs go into admin - football clubs and HMRC. It's the latter who normally trigger it. It's not in 777 or Moshiri's interests to put them into admin and now the Roma owner has also invested it's not his either. I can't see how they don't stay in some sort of limbo until 777's legal issues in the US are sorted one way or another

Their debts aren't to the traditional creditors when clubs go into admin - football clubs and HMRC. It's the latter who normally trigger it. It's not in 777 or Moshiri's interests to put them into admin and now the Roma owner has also invested it's not his either. I can't see how they don't stay in some sort of limbo until 777's legal issues in the US are sorted one way or another
The biggest issue is who is going to pay the bills. 777 did all last season but can't now. Moshiri either can't or won't. Hard to see Friedken pouring more money in, because why would you.

They still lose a lot of money every month and interest on the various loans is now estimated at £1m/month.

I would say his impact on United was pretty impressive.

Not in a good way, but still impressive.

Guardiola and Klopp are light years ahead of him. So is Emery. Possibly Moyes and Howe too. And that's just off the top of my head. Plus Ten Haag has had an obscene amount of money to spend which he has used by making the squad weaker.

Joey Barton charged with malicious communications re his tweets about Eni Aluko he made in January, he’s in court later this month.

I imagine there's a fair few that could be charged with that regarding Aluko.

Anyone that watches the Wrexham doc will know that there's a genuine investment in their women's team, but also that the standard doesn't appear to be really all that. They've booked a tour to the US, where the presumably unmedia trained star player has more or less said in an interview that Wrexham is a shithole and in their 2 games so far they've been beaten 9-0 and 6-1. Very much trying to run before they can walk

Won the league as recently as 2009 and the cup in 2013

Back