• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Anyway, I popped onto theshit.com to see how this is being looked at, and I think the reaction is pretty sanguine. This measure appears to be about the new owner sorting out the mess left behind by the last custodian who we all probably thought was doing an absolutely spiffing job but our stripey friends would agree to disagree there. It seems losses are already being drastically reduced under the new ownership and this measure is just to ensure that they keep it on track. It will mean they struggle with incomings and paying for them though, so I could see a couple of seasons of hurt while the books are brought back under control.

Maybe they could have a competitive game against FC Waahmbulance next season?

Did Gaz start as a caretaker?*

*manager, not sweeping St George's Park

Yep. Was caretaker against us for a truly appalling 0-0 draw at the fag end of the Lage debacle.

Lage said we played well afterwards, we did not.

Wrong Gaz! But Southgate also did.

I was at his first game I think. 2-0 v Malta. Their midfield were more mobile than Rooney was

He got rid of Hart and Rooney very quickly. Smalling too I think which seemed more harsh.

Interesting ( :rolleyes: ) article on the Beeb.

"Who are the main challengers for Manchester City this season" Article then leads with "a look at the seven most likely challengers.

Hmmm - Manchester United finishing in eighth last season is not at all the reason for the arbitrary choice of seven challengers is it? Had they finished a bit higher and Villa and Newcastle had finished sixth and seventh I think the cut off would have been at fifth or sixth and above (depending on where Chelsea were).

Not sure I've seen a better Wolves penalty take than John de Wolf.
SEB was very efficient over a long period (only missed one, away at Cov) but not sure why keepers didn't just stand there against him.

Mentioned it a few months ago but we actually haven't missed a penalty in the league for a ridiculous amount of time. Neves at Sheff Utd in September 2017 was the last one.

Thommo must have scored around 35-40, only remember him missing a couple, in the aforementioned shoutout v Sheff Wed, and against Blues away (made the mistake of sitting in the home end for that game with my dad, ran the gauntlet a little.)

Were there more Dan?

Back