• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2024/25

Thommo must have scored around 35-40, only remember him missing a couple, in the aforementioned shoutout v Sheff Wed, and against Blues away (made the mistake of sitting in the home end for that game with my dad, ran the gauntlet a little.
Missed one at home to Stoke in 1993 too

He got 45 goals for us in all competitions, I think you're right, at least 35 must have been pens surely

SEB was very efficient over a long period (only missed one, away at Cov) but not sure why keepers didn't just stand there against him.
Psychological innit. You look more like a mug if you stand still, or so I read once upon a time.

Psychological innit. You look more like a mug if you stand still, or so I read once upon a time.
But you know he's smashing it down the middle :D Like, always. Think he only changed from that once for us.

And while he hit it hard, it wasn't unsaveable like the Julian Dicks ones.

But you know he's smashing it down the middle :D Like, always. Think he only changed from that once for us.

And while he hit it hard, it wasn't unsaveable like the Julian Dicks ones.
But imagine the embarrassment if he did go to the side! :LOL:

There can't be many (any?) Who have scored more pens for us?
Hibbitt maybe rivals him? Was here for absolutely ages and I think on pens for nearly all the time (although I'm going off videos here - I obviously wasn't around to see it first hand).

According to Transfrmarkt Kenny only scored 14 penalties!

Here it is.

Involving the worst ever rebound attempt from Andy Mutch! Which I'd forgotten all about.

Rather nice though that he scored over 300 and it wasn't inflated with penalties

Here it is.

Involving the worst ever rebound attempt from Andy Mutch! Which I'd forgotten all about.

Shirtliff bringing him down no less, a bit divey from Bully there too?

Also, was that the silky skills of Gary Bellamy in the build up to the penalty?

I would not lie to you :D

It genuinely is though. Number 12 and we only made one sub...

I've genuinely wiped all knowledge of out field Paul Jones from my brain. Clearly saw him play but do not recall him whatsoever.

I've genuinely wiped all knowledge of out field Paul Jones from my brain. Clearly saw him play but do not recall him whatsoever.
Turner once had to use his programme notes (back in the days when nearly everyone bought one) to ask fans not to boo him :D

He was rancid, genuinely offensively poor. So I had a double take earlier when I watched that and saw him playing *some* football.

He had a perm after it was acceptable
My Grandad used to get me the "Molinews" monthly VHS tapes we put out.

One had about 10 minutes of following Outfield Paul Jones around while he played snooker in the world's dingiest club. Great output.

Back