• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice Greenwood is only on loan to Getafe and Romano mentions the break clause (standard surely) in January.

If Greenwood is banging in the goals I have no doubt he'll be brought back to United in January.

I notice Greenwood is only on loan to Getafe and Romano mentions the break clause (standard surely) in January.

If Greenwood is banging in the goals I have no doubt he'll be brought back to United in January.
He won’t the fact that he’s got a gig in Spain is surprising thought it would’ve been much further afield

Gilberto Hernandez 26 Panama international killed in a shooting which injured 7 others, police unsure if he was the target or just wrong place wrong time

Jordan Henderson on whether he'd wear the rainbow laces or rainbow armband in the Saudi Pro League

"I wouldn’t rule that out. But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. If we’re all saying everybody can be who they want to be and everybody is inclusive, then we’ll have to respect that. We’ll have to respect everyone."

(The Athletic)

That whole interview is a car crash. He was in a no win situation as people have already made their minds up, but it couldn't have gone much worse

He won’t the fact that he’s got a gig in Spain is surprising thought it would’ve been much further afield
Seeing the (underlying) attitudes towards women's football in Spain, it's hardly surprising.

That whole interview is a car crash. He was in a no win situation as people have already made their minds up, but it couldn't have gone much worse
If you make that decision as an already very rich man then you have to take the bullets I'm afraid.

I maintain what I said a few weeks back, you couldn't offer me any sum to live there. I'd hate it (leaving aside the moral angles), and I don't care enough about money. But everyone is different.

Jordan Henderson on whether he'd wear the rainbow laces or rainbow armband in the Saudi Pro League

"I wouldn’t rule that out. But at the same time, what I wouldn’t do is disrespect the religion and culture in Saudi Arabia. If we’re all saying everybody can be who they want to be and everybody is inclusive, then we’ll have to respect that. We’ll have to respect everyone."

(The Athletic)
When you tolerate the intolerant....

(The Athletic)
Its quite an adventure.

Percy saying Blues want Wayne Rooney in if John Eustace leaves the club.

They are unbeaten so far this season under Eustace but the 'ambitious' owners want a 'big name'

Eustace has in turn been linked with Rangers.

I'm only part of the way through the main video, but this is very good stuff. I remember when we announced W88 as our sponsor and we were all surprised to see you couldn't even access W88 from the UK. What I hadn't realised was that gambling is (almost entirely) banned in mainland China, so the gambling companies use European football games to get their brand across to the Chinese audience. I can only assume the Chinese authorities turn a blind eye to this, or don't consider it to be a big enough problem to cause a diplomatic issue over.

I'm only part of the way through the main video, but this is very good stuff. I remember when we announced W88 as our sponsor and we were all surprised to see you couldn't even access W88 from the UK. What I hadn't realised was that gambling is (almost entirely) banned in mainland China, so the gambling companies use European football games to get their brand across to the Chinese audience. I can only assume the Chinese authorities turn a blind eye to this, or don't consider it to be a big enough problem to cause a diplomatic issue over.
When you get to the last 10 minutes or so it explains what the Chinese authorities are trying.

It's an eye opening piece but not in the least bit surprising, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back