• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until you find this out,
Speed measured in mph, distance in miles.
Fuel bought in litres, cars economy measured in miles per gallon,
Beer in pints,
Measurements in either imperial (waist size, leg length, shoe size, height, weight) most everything else in metric.
All those imperial measurements are different to your American imperial measurements

Y'all are weird.
Yep, all of the manufacturing/engineering environments I've worked in over the last 45 years have also worked in both metric and imperial at the same time....sometimes on the same part....keeps you on your toes

Beer in pints,
Measurements in either imperial (waist size, leg length, shoe size, height, weight) most everything else in metric.
All those imperial measurements are different to your American imperial measurements
Bloody Americans cant even copy stuff properly😃

Beer in pints,
This one in particular is the weirdest of the weird.

Its a throwback to buying fuel by the gallon which was still prevalent until the early 80s I think

US liquor bottles are measured in litres and millilitres, but everyone speaks in gallons/pints.
My last customer asked for a pint of vodka - nobody has ever asked for 375ml, or half a bottle (a bottle is known as a fifth).

Pint of vodka is 468ml isn't it? EDIT 568ml. Second edit - US pint is 473ml. Why are your liquid measurements fucking wrong? We taught you so follow what we do rather than being bloody confusing.

1.75l - half gallon
litre - quart
750ml - fifth
375ml - pint
200ml - 1/2 pint

A couple of European brands are now being imported in 700ml rather than 750ml bottles, because of the bottle shortage. No reduction in price though.

Pint of vodka is 468ml isn't it? EDIT 568ml. Second edit - US pint is 473ml. Why are your liquid measurements fucking wrong? We taught you so follow what we do rather than being bloody confusing.
We tried that with soccer but y'all make fun of that, too!

Yep, all of the manufacturing/engineering environments I've worked in over the last 45 years have also worked in both metric and imperial at the same time....sometimes on the same part....keeps you on your toes
Didn’t a mars lander crash because someone did imperial, not realising everyone else was using metric?

Not really how much fuel would people buy if it was advertised on the forecourt at £8.20 a gallon :)
20 years ago we had picketing of fuel depots because the price had reached £1 a litre!

20 years ago we had picketing of fuel depots because the price had reached £1 a litre!
Wasn't even as high as £1.

Think it had risen to around 60-80p when it kicked off. Was living in Wales at the time of the strikes and found a rural petrol station that had taken delivery on a day I needed to travel to Stafford and they charged 99.9p as that's as high as the price could go on their sign

I flew out on holiday the same day they barricaded the fuel depots. drove down to gatwick, and handily filled the fuck out the tank to save having to refuel on our return.
Went to ibiza for a week, and totally missed the madness! saw a paper on the tuesday talking about an old fella having a heart attack on a forecourt following an argument with someone else.
came back the following weekend, and was oblivious on landing (at 5am, bleary eyed etc). Had a nap then set off to drive back and it wasn't til we passed a load of closed petrol stations I realised the scale of things.
got on the motorway to head north, and it was an hour before I saw another car! and that was a rolls royce that bombed past me at a ridiculous speed.

When I worked for Shell on the forecourts (I left in 1997) it was 56.9p a litre.

Think it was 75p a gallon when I got my licence

Last edited:

I’ll be the first to admit that we were saved by some poor Cincy finishing here but I don’t really care.

Świderski looks way too good for this level.

I’ll be the first to admit that we were saved by some poor Cincy finishing here but I don’t really care.

Świderski looks way too good for this level.
The pace seems so slow. Like Lg2 slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back