• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nantes have written to Cardiff requesting the first installment of Sala's fee.

Nantes have written to Cardiff requesting the first installment of Sala's fee.

I keep seeing references to this in sports media in a way that seems designed to attract outrage. It's entirely right that Cardiff pay Nantes for Sala. Cardiff will claim off their insurance. It's irresponsible journalism to say this is a story - what are Nantes meant to do?

Was mentioned the other day that the pilot didn't have a commercial licence,so wouldn't have been insured,how true that is who knows

The player will have been insured by Cardiff irrespective. In the same way clubs insure against players having to retire through injury. Or like how Disney insured against Carrie Fisher being unable to film Star Wars IX.

Was mentioned the other day that the pilot didn't have a commercial licence,so wouldn't have been insured,how true that is who knows

The pilot may not have commercial insurance but he was "doing a favour" for McKay so "giving a mates mate a lift"?? Semantics, I know.

Sala should be on Cardiff's "Player Insurance" so should be covered on that but only if they added him to the policy in time

The pilots situation shouldn't make any difference to Cardiffs insurance.

If Cardiff have "negligently" allowed their player to be transported by somebody unfit for the job though...they may be in some hot water with their insurers.

If Cardiff have "negligently" allowed their player to be transported by somebody unfit for the job though...they may be in some hot water with their insurers.
No dealings with his transport. Sala decided to fly back to Nantes to say a proper goodbye and then his agent sorted out the flight back. Cardiff had no knowledge of the flight he was coming back on.

Think it's perhaps a bit optimistic to think insurance will cover anything and everything just because he's a professional footballer, I mean it's not like insurance companies are generally known for their charitable nature and throwing money at anyone who makes a claim. There are bound to be situations that aren't covered and something like this could well fall into that.

Most footballers will in their contracts have a list of banned activities for insurance purposes, such as skiing, motorcycle riding etc. If flying in a light aircraft is one of those banned activities, then the insurers might not pay out.

Or if you're Leon Clarke, go and play five a side with your mates on Aldersley's iffy pitches, bang in the middle of the season, when half the city wouldn't awfully mind if you broke your leg.

Or if you're Leon Clarke, go and play five a side with your mates on Aldersley's iffy pitches, bang in the middle of the season, when half the city wouldn't awfully mind if you broke your leg.

Did he score?

My source tells me he missed from about a yard out. Although said source was probably also doing his Ryan Bennett impression at the time, so Leon could have scored and he didn't see that bit.

My source tells me he missed from about a yard out. Although said source was probably also doing his Ryan Bennett impression at the time, so Leon could have scored and he didn't see that bit.

Ryan Bennett wishes he could clog as good as me...

As for Leon. We got to watch his game as he was on before our game. He did indeed score, a screamer from 5 yards out that was greeted by his team mates with such delight you would think he had recreated van Basten's wonder volley! He did however manage to put one over the bar from 5 yards out..oh and that was an open goal. That was greeted with such delight by those watching.

I really wish I had got to play against him!

The other thing from this was the League was FA affialiated, so any bans picked up meant you can't play in any game where the FA are involved. Sent off at Aldersley and you were out of your Sunday League games as well.

We already have three wide forwards (£38m worth of them, or at least that's what we paid) who don't play.

Given we were linked (although always possible there was nothing in it) I'm just surprised to see him move elsewhere in Europe that cheaply.

Body recovered from the plane confirmed as Emiliano Sala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back