• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we were linked (although always possible there was nothing in it) I'm just surprised to see him move elsewhere in Europe that cheaply.

No, there was absolutely nothing in that one.

In fact as I recall it was no more than a wild guessing game, the kind that led the likes of Nash to "link" Austin and Giroud (!) to us last month. Jeff mentioned off hand that we were looking at a couple of Chinese players and it ran from there. Just guess it's him as he's high profile.

You may as well ignore transfer stories in the press regarding us, they don't know anything. Remember that Japanese lad playing in Portugal and we were 90%+ of the way to signing him? Nope, never even looked at him. Andre Silva, another one, the manager doesn't want him and never has at Wolves.

Ryan Bennett wishes he could clog as good as me...

As for Leon. We got to watch his game as he was on before our game. He did indeed score, a screamer from 5 yards out that was greeted by his team mates with such delight you would think he had recreated van Basten's wonder volley! He did however manage to put one over the bar from 5 yards out..oh and that was an open goal. That was greeted with such delight by those watching.

I really wish I had got to play against him!

The other thing from this was the League was FA affialiated, so any bans picked up meant you can't play in any game where the FA are involved. Sent off at Aldersley and you were out of your Sunday League games as well.

I'm torn now. Would I have just clattered him, or gone for a JWP/Zaha wind up thing where he gets sent off (I'm not scared of that big lug trying to slap me), and Sheff Wed get a letter on their doormat on the Friday morning informing them of Big Leon's big ban...

New four year deal for Phil Jones.

With the option of a further year :ursofunny:

We already have three wide forwards (£38m worth of them, or at least that's what we paid) who don't play.

I’m amazed we didn’t go for him. Only really Jota that’s setting the world alight, and I expect two of Costa, Cav and Traore to move on at the end of the season anyway.

I’m amazed we didn’t go for him. Only really Jota that’s setting the world alight, and I expect two of Costa, Cav and Traore to move on at the end of the season anyway.

We don't play with the wide forwards anymore. It's more of a front 2 with a hard working midfielder in behind, the only player who can play in that system is Cav and to say he's inconsistent at the moment is being kind.

I think this is why Costa and Traore are struggling as they are out and out wingers. I wouldn't be surprised i both were sold in the summer.

10 people have died in a fire at the Flamengo training ground in Brazil

Solskjaer Manager of the month. I am putting a tenner on Fulham this weekend then

HMRC have issued a winding up petition against Notlob.

This season is fucking ace.

Why Notlob and not Noblot?

Why Notlob and not Noblot?
Tolbon?

Strange to think that when I started following Wolves my friends were much more familiar with Bolton than us. How times change!

Won't happen.

I would imagine it might get Anderson to sell and get out of dodge.

The Portsmouth debacle shows you how utterly useless HMRC are. That should have been a liquidation with anyone even vaguely competent prosecuting it.

Just the way I have always written it. Both are fine alternatives.

I've always read it as Nob Lot as in a lot of nobs. Upon Googling, Monty Python comes up which I know is a forum fav.

Just walked out of work typing this and the wind knocked me sideways and I dropped my phone. Fucking Bolton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back