• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight Gayle charged by the FA for "successfully deceiving a match official"... Quite long winded way to say "for being a cheat"

Court have approved this move in the last 15 mins.

The Oyston's (amongst a lot of things) owe Valeri Belokon £25m. In just over a year they have ignored every request repay or even discuss it to VB started the proceedings. So, once receivers are in the club the Oyston's are out. Have a feeling the next home game at Blackpool will be a sell out. The fans will want the EFL to hand out any punishment now (12 points expected but it could be less due to the circumstances). 12 points wouldn't bugger there season up

Obviously with where I live i know a lot of Blackpool fans and they wont go to any game even with this news till the Oystons are gone for good. They are made up with this news and are hoping Belokon can take the club. Considering this has dragged on since december of 2017 there is an end in sight. Losing 12 points and them finishing midtable is worth it for these fans

Wouldn't Belekon fail the fit & proper test though?

Dwight Gayle charged by the FA for "successfully deceiving a match official"... Quite long winded way to say "for being a cheat"

Problem is, the punishment doesn't fit the crime. The shit should lose the point as they are the beneficiary of the cheating, as well as a ban for Gayle. Forest should recive two extra points. Clubs be more likely to try to stamp this out if they suffer directly.

Correct, as it stands he cannot take over, no different to 18 months or so ago when he won his case against convicted rapist Owen Oyston.

They really don't like this on theshit.com

He cheated, he has been spotted he will be banned. This has nothing to do with Don Goodman you six-fingered cretins.

Yes he would got a prison sentance in Kyrgstan (or something like that) that barrs him.

Correct, as it stands he cannot take over, no different to 18 months or so ago when he won his case against convicted rapist Owen Oyston.

He can be an invester/ partner I think?

Yeah it’s great news the Oystons have been destroying Blackpool as a football team and a town for years. He gobbles up land for the cheap and does nothing with it at all.

They should have should have quite a good argument to put with 'Err Aston Villa'
Villa haven't failed...yet. They've done the EFL a favour really, their league position means they can hammer them without it costing them promotion or relegation

Villa haven't failed...yet. They've done the EFL a favour really, their league position means they can hammer them without it costing them promotion or relegation
They should be under an embargo by now though shouldn't they? And yet they are still buying overpriced players.

If Blues get hit and Villa don't there is going to be one HELL of a mess in the courts.

They should be under an embargo by now though shouldn't they? And yet they are still buying overpriced players.
I thought it was 3 seasons with a £39m loss, so they are yet to trigger it? I'm still convinced the new owner did a deal with the EFL along the lines of 'we'll stop one of your biggest clubs going bust, but we want X in terms of Finance and Sustainability'. Blues probably would have got away with am embargo, but the Pederson signing was a massive fuck off, which is why they will be smacked back in return

But that would mean treating Villa completely differently to every other club in the competition. It just wouldn't be allowed to stand.

I'm still convinced the new owner did a deal with the EFL

They must have. They went from having to put everything up for sale, including the tea lady to suddenly being able to buy players and 6 months later matching a Prem League team in bidding for a player. No way if you are close to getting punishments like embargos do you go out and spend as they have done.

They must have. They went from having to put everything up for sale, including the tea lady to suddenly being able to buy players and 6 months later matching a Prem League team in bidding for a player. No way if you are close to getting punishments like embargos do you go out and spend as they have done.

From what I understand, one of the villa owners helped write the FFP regulations so that may help

That said though, facts can't be escaped. I honestly think they're trying to exploit a loophole that's already been closed around sponsorship.

There is no way they're compliant with the actions they've taken

Unless Jack grealish is going to China or somewhere for loads and this injury is a smokescreen as he isn't allowed to play

Dwight Gayle has been charged with successful deception of match official.

Load of rubbish. Charge them all or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back