• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2018/19 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
does a player only get charged if there is successful deception of an official?

I doubt you can charge a player for failing as that would indicate the ref saw the dive but decided against taking action. In that scenario the ref is probably the one getting the bollocking.

Got ya! But can't a player be charged for attempting to deceive an official? Or would that only apply if the ref/officials did not take any action? Forgive me if I'm being thick (again!)

I suppose depending on the answer to the above, the question of whether my 2 questions should happen is another debate.

Jesus!! I presume the owner is covering the losses

A 12 point deduction puts them right in the shit though, should they get it
Takes them to just above the relegation spots. They have enough to then pull away again and if they don't their fans won't give a shit.

Very much doubt that the 'hardcore fans' will be that fussed - falling into league 2 would for them be worthwhile to get that person out

Though until they get a 'sensible' owner they won't really come back

They should make a documentary about the Oystons. Absolute weapons grade bastards. Some of the things they have done not just to the club, but to the town of Blackpool are a disgrace. They clearly despise the club and fans, some of the abuse they've messaged people and the legal actions they've taken are designed solely to wind fans up.

Very much doubt that the 'hardcore fans' will be that fussed - falling into league 2 would for them be worthwhile to get that person out

Though until they get a 'sensible' owner they won't really come back

They aren’t look at the Tangerine knights twitter.

Although the local MP’s are coming out of the woodworks to ask the EFL to reconsider.

They should make a documentary about the Oystons. Absolute weapons grade bastards. Some of the things they have done not just to the club, but to the town of Blackpool are a disgrace. They clearly despise the club and fans, some of the abuse they've messaged people and the legal actions they've taken are designed solely to wind fans up.

The Oystons are worse than that they’re mega cunts. I’ve ran into Sam Oyston several times and would park anywhere he pleases especially blocking in busses then hurling abuse at the driver as in his words “his family own Blackpool” not anymore you spineless cunt.

Dwight Gayle has been charged with successful deception of match official.

"Dwight Gayle will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after accepting a charge for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’."

"Dwight Gayle will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after accepting a charge for ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’."

So why aren’t the likes of Salah and Sterling ever charged with this hmmm...

So why aren’t the likes of Salah and Sterling ever charged with this hmmm...

A few things... If there is "some" contact then it is the interpretation of the referee. If they are seen to have dived by the referee then the yellow card is their "punishment".

Gayle deliberately dived, conning the referee into awarding a penalty with zero contact. The next time a "big player" does that, they can expect the same treatment from the FA, a warning has been sent on a "little player from a little club"...

Benfica made history last night. First victory in turkey for an European competition, while playing with some secondary players. Ended up with 6 home grown players in the pitch.

Benfica made history last night. First victory in turkey for an European competition, while playing with some secondary players. Ended up with 6 home grown players in the pitch.
I thought Florentino Luís was excellent. He was absolutely everywhere.

I thought Florentino Luís was excellent. He was absolutely everywhere.

Benfica has a lot of youth genious coming up. Florentino as a DM, Gedson as MC, Ruben Dias and Ferro (both played last night) as CB, Jota (another one and didn't play last night) as forward. Plus Felix, who came out of the Portos's youth squads.

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back